PDA

View Full Version : Best media/publication: we've been nominated!

Korn
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Hi everybody,

I got an email yesterday telling me that our forum has been nominated as the "best media/publication" in the Yaoh 007 Vegan Environmental Awards. Here's how they describe our site:

"Hugely popular online forum with over 4000 members and an enormous selection of topics, views, ideas etc from all over the world. Sections for food, recipes, health, products and travelling - all vegan, naturally. Awesome.[/url] "

Here (http://www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk/votebestveganmedia.htm) are the other nominees in our category.

To read more about the awards, click here: http://www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk/awards.htm

In the category for "Best Vegan Individual Achievement", "Paul 'gert vegan'- Bristol Vegans volunteer" is nominated. Isn't that name very similar to the nick of one of our dear members? :)

A big thank you to all members and moderators who help this site develop in the direction it does!

cedarblue
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:31 PM
yay for us!!!

no prizes for who i voted for in two categories! :p

Poison Ivy
That is very cool!!:cool: :D

auntierozzi
That's great!
Thanks yourself Korn and especially Flutterby who is often having to move my messages..I am getting the hang of it little by little!!!!

sandra
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Congratulations to you Korn and everyone involved, that is brilliant news! :)

RedWellies
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:48 PM
That is good news! Well done Korn and everyone else:)

macbeth
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Great news! Well done

harpy
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
no prizes for who i voted for in two categories! :p

Me too. I like the idea of being able to vote once a month - all elections should be like that.

Cumin
Jan 7th, 2007, 09:57 PM
That is excellent, and totally deserved. Now we need to get it nominated in a non-vegan website award.
Seriously, I'm sure it must rank right up there against any forum on any topic anywhere !! Especially with all us lot on it.. hang on.. maybe not.. :-)

RedWellies
Jan 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Do you think this forum would win any prize going if we made the pic threads public?

eve
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:22 AM
congratulations Korn, and others concerned. Excellent! :)

Roxy
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Nice one Korn :D What great news!!

cookey
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Have a look at
http://www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk/vote/
and vote for your favourite people and stuff. There are 12 vegan hampers worth over £50 to give away to two lucky voters per months, starting January 07 until June 07, so it's worth doing!
If you look at the "Best Individual Acheivement" section, you may find someone you know!

Cumin
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Nice. But it says "VeganForum.com Hugely popular UK online vegan forum"

I think that needs amending. Korn ? (waits for crack of lightning from above..)

Korn
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:23 PM
'Global' or 'international' online vegan forum would have been more correct, sure - I guess most of our members are not from UK. No crack of lightning though... :)

DancingWillow
Jan 9th, 2007, 04:51 AM
That's great news! Thank you Korn, for starting this site and for all your devotion and hard work on it, and thank you to the mods, for keeping the site running smoothly. And of course, thanks to all the wonderful members, who make this forum so fun, lively, and informative:)