PDA

View Full Version : Please help wannabe vegan! Delaware County, Pennsylvania store help

goodlildvl
Jan 8th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Hello all,

I completely new to all of this and I hoping for a push in the right direction. I'm located in Delaware County, Pennsylvania and was wondering if anyone knows of any stores around here that sell health, beauty, cleaning, and pet products that are 100% cruelty-free with all vegan ingredients? So far my online searching has found Trader Joe's and Martindale's. Any help is much appreciated :)

rantipole
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Look in the phone book for health food stores and natural groceries. Those types of stores should have numerous vegan products (plus organic produce). Also, if you have a Wegman's near you, they have a very nice natural foods/products section. Farmer's markets are good sources of produce (often organic, sometimes veganic), and you can sometimes find other good vegan products there.

Best of luck and welcome to a more compassionate life!

Cheers,
rant

thecatspajamas1
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
- You could look in the phonebook listings for small health food/natural food stores. They all sell cleaning products and cosmetics.

- Target sells a line of products called Method. They are all cruelty free, and they have all kinds of household cleaning items, from laundry detergent to candles etc. Is there a Target near you?

- You could create some of your own cleaners simply out of ingredients in your kitchen. There are all kinds of instructions online for doing this: example- diluted vinegar in a spray bottle. Vinegar, lemon, and baking soda can be used to clean all kinds of things: http://housekeeping.about.com/od/environment/Environmental_Cleaning_Solutions.htm

- If there are no places near you, you can order online from www.veganessentials.com or www.veganstore.com and tons of other places.

- Sometimes you can find great vegan products even in regular supermarkets. Almost every supermarket sells Toms of Maine products nowadays, such as their toothpaste, which is totally vegan.

Good luck!