PDA

View Full Version : Hungry!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

harpy
Sep 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Congratulations on going vegan danigirl!

Maybe you could try eating some more wholegrains in the form of wholegrain bread and pasta, brown basmati rice, millet and stuff like that? Also use oatmeal that's not too highly processed? Processed carbohydrates (and also things like potatoes) burn up quite fast and leave you feeling hungry whereas wholegrain ones take longer.

danigirl
Sep 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks guys!

Blueberries- I think I am going to try to eat more smaller meals so I can spread it out more. I also think I am going to track how many grams of fat, protein, and carbs I am eating and try to adjust what I am lacking, if I am even lacking anything.

Harpy- I actually do eat a lot of "brown" grains and only occasionally have white ones, even before I became vegan. I eat the quick oats that come in the big tube container, NOT the pre-made sugar laden Quaker ones... yuck lol.

harpy
Sep 18th, 2012, 10:55 AM
You could try the "slow" (i.e. traditional and not pre-cooked) oats for breakfast as they have a lower glycemic index so should keep you going for longer- I don't think they take too long to cook if you soak them overnight. However I have read a couple of things saying it doesn't make all that much difference.

Hope you find something that helps. I find having a few (unsalted) nuts with virtually any meal or snack makes it more satisfying

danigirl
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I feel like my body is slowly starting to get used to it. These past two days I wasn't as hungry as I was last week. I definitely think eating every couple hours helps a lot.