PDA

View Full Version : Sheese

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

harpy
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM
That cream Sheese had such a strange flavour - got to wonder how they achieved it. It's not like me to throw any food away, but in this case...

Frosty
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I rather liked the couple of bits I tried. I've got some of the mozarella already, but there was a chive one that was quite nice too I thought. I didn't get to try the cream stuff, but my friends' said it was rather nice. Going to have to see if they sell any near her I think :)

RedWellies
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I braved the soft one with chives I think. I thought it was quite nice but I liked the cracker so I paid more attention to that!

Frosty
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I had it once with the cracker, and just to make sure, I thought I'd better try it again without :p Mmmm... free food :)

BlackCats
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I tried tofutti cream cheese and I thought it had a weird sweet taste like caramel or something.

Jiffy
Jun 14th, 2007, 09:49 AM
It isn't bad, but as I've only been vegan for a fortnight I'm still missing the real thing. To my as yet uneducated taste buds it tastes rather like soap. I will try and get hold of some Cheezly to see which is better.

Agatha
Jul 15th, 2007, 01:12 PM
in a healthfood shop i don't usually go in i discovered... vegan blue!! oh its wonderful! doesn't look blue but does taste it. cheese is the only thing i miss and this is much nicer than the other alternatives out there. yum!

BlackCats
Jul 15th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Agatha - what shop is that? I live near London.

Agatha
Jul 15th, 2007, 02:03 PM
the make of cheese is Scheese comes in a blue packet. And the healthfood shop is right by Highbury Corner, on St Paul's Road. Sadly can't remember what its called. I shall have a look next time I walk past.

Pob
Jul 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Ooh, Toni asked Sheese about the palm fat they use. It is definitely from a sustainable source! The blue one is sooooo good :)

alisont
Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
I do like the new scheese - more than cheezley, the only cream scheese i like is chive one - mexican one was yuck!

They are a bit rich for me, i like the medium cheddar cheese, garlic and chives, cheshire is ok as are blue and not keen on the smoked!

Blue moon
Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
Anyone tried the Edam version?

Don't - vile, absolutely vile. Spat it out and chucked the whole packet away.

But maybe that's harsh, maybe my packet got freakily tainted with toilet cleaner:cool:

Tibetan Snake
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. The first time I tride Avercardo I thort it tasted of soap. pppphhhhhaaaaa.

Enchantress
Jul 24th, 2007, 12:57 PM
:eek: You strange person. Avocado is the most loveliest thing in the history of ever. Unless it's underripe, then it's yucky.

horselesspaul
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:37 PM
You strange person.
Get used to it.

horselesspaul
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:44 PM
The first time I ate soap, I thought it tasted of avocado.

cobweb
Jul 24th, 2007, 02:49 PM
:eek: i think avocado is one of the vilest things i've ever met, and that is saying something

Pob
Jul 24th, 2007, 03:21 PM
The smoked one starts off nice, but finishes off with the taste of a stale ashtray.

We've decided to remain fake cheese free, anyway. There are still questions hanging over palm oil production, even if it is called sustainable.

I found avocado was a bit of an acquired taste. I'm still not mad keen on it. It works quite well in smoothies, though.

Tibetan Snake
Jul 24th, 2007, 10:54 PM
We've decided to remain fake cheese free, anyway. There are still questions hanging over palm oil production, even if it is called sustainable
Me to Pob, I'm trying to stay away from prosesed stuff, going for fresh and local but Olive Oil and Dates, still so far to go. For them and I n I.

Enchantress
Jul 25th, 2007, 02:24 AM
The first time I ate soap, I thought it tasted of avocado.

Did you try this one (http://www.lush.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=442)?

:eek: i think avocado is one of the vilest things i've ever met, and that is saying something
*Backs away slowly*.

Tigerlily
Jul 25th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Avocado is delicious. OMG. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, it definitely helps with any cheese/egg cravings I find.

BlackCats
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:10 PM
I love ripe avocado!

But I cannot have anything like that in a smoothie (even though I know tomatoes and avocados are fruit) - it makes me feel sick!
I'm sure I read on here someone had lettuce in a smoothie urgh!!!

(And this point is related to Sheese how? ha ha)

horselesspaul
Jul 25th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Did you try this one (http://www.lush.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=442)?

Perhaps that's what it was. If only they'd label things™....

Pob
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I love ripe avocado!

But I cannot have anything like that in a smoothie (even though I know tomatoes and avocados are fruit) - it makes me feel sick!
I'm sure I read on here someone had lettuce in a smoothie urgh!!!

(And this point is related to Sheese how? ha ha)I like cooked beetroot in smoothies as well....:o

puffin
Jul 25th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Beetroot in smoothies! Oh yuk pob.

Avocados are evil and vile.