PDA

View Full Version : Sheese

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Gorilla
Nov 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM
i tried making a pasta sauce with the Sheese and it was disgusting! i had to throw it away. the first mouthful tasted ok but then it had a distinct aftertaste of sick. why did i buy it?! it's evil!!! :devil:

Buddha Belly
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:04 PM
The chedder tasted of toffee and the mozerella tasted of vanilla. Still nice though.

Have a tub of Feta in the fridge being slowly rationed out as i can get no more:(

Prefer the toffuti slices as they make good cheese on toast.

horselesspaul
Nov 7th, 2008, 12:54 AM
i tried making a pasta sauce with the Sheese and it was disgusting! i had to throw it away. the first mouthful tasted ok but then it had a distinct aftertaste of sick. why did i buy it?! it's evil!!! :devil:
Oh dear. Don't say we didn't warn you:

You can make a brilliant sauce that tastes like sick* with the "Blue Cheese" Scheese (Gesundheit!).
If you like.

*Which is apparently what blue cheese sauce tastes like..iirc.
x

Elahiya
Nov 7th, 2008, 12:59 AM
you might be better off to create a cheese sauce with the sheese if you add just one tablespoon or so to a sauce based on the free and easy cheese sauce. additionally, iīd recommend to add some parmezano and leave out the sheese if you want to. yeast flakes are also a great addition to create a cheese sauce...

wildcatstrike
Nov 7th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Creamy Sheese is great! I get the cheddar one they stock at Sainsbury's too. Smear it thickly onto brown toasty toast and cover with hot spaghetti hoOOOooOOoops! Cool.

Elahiya
Nov 8th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Smear it thickly onto brown toasty toast and cover with hot spaghetti hoOOOooOOoops! Cool.

or cover with sprouts...:D use it as a topping for your jacket potato...;)

adamd164
Jan 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I get the smoked cheddar Sheese - it's really nice imo. Great for sandwiches, and has a nice distinctive flavour.

I can't eat the creamy stuff though. Just not my thing.

Tibetan Snake
Jan 7th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Cheezly!
First time last week. liked it.
Not as much as SnM.
Mabey 2 roundals a year will do.

Marrers
Jan 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Cheezly!
First time last week. liked it.
Not as much as SnM.

S&M? :eek:

Buddha Belly
Jan 9th, 2009, 08:55 PM
S&M? :eek:

Whipped cheese?

I'm so so so so sorry for that dreadfull 'joke'

Tibetan Snake
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:04 PM
:eek:
yup

Tibetan Snake
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Whipped cheese?

I'm so so so so sorry for that dreadfull 'joke'
ha ha ha
misst it the first time.

Anouk
Jan 16th, 2009, 09:44 AM
i've tried the mozarella one. yuck. can't help myself, i hate it (and i gave it a lot of tries in various recipes, but it failed them all). non-vegan members of the family were not thrilled either.

Elahiya
Jan 16th, 2009, 06:44 PM
i didnīt like the mozarella one either. the smoked one or the cheddar-styles are better ;-)

HanNZ
Jan 18th, 2009, 12:54 AM
super melting mozzarella Cheezly is the best I have tried! wouldn't eat it on crackers but its nice as a topping to lasagne, pizza and pasta. I had high hopes for scheese and managed to buy some in auckland when I was last up there and its horrible! ruined my food and had to pick it all off. I was never a fan of really strong cheese though and this had a really strong taste and after taste.

Am just as happy with cashews on pasta now though

I made my own 'cream cheese' a few months back from the cook book how it all vegan. Spring onion, tofu and cashews being the main ingredients, it was really nice!

Roxy
Jan 18th, 2009, 06:14 AM
i didnīt like the mozarella one either. the smoked one or the cheddar-styles are better ;-)

The smoked one is my favourite!

clare155
Jan 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I really like the hard cheeses like the cheddar and smoked ones, but I just had the creamy soft cheddar style one and it was disgusting!! And I will normally eat just about anything that is vegan, but this was actually vile :(

I will have to experiment with it by adding things to try and make it bearable...... bleurgh

EDIT: on the website it talks about it being good grilled like on toast or pizza etc - anyone know if this redeems it?

UPDATE: grilling is better... slightly better

Marrers
Jan 20th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I plan to do a taste comparison test with some Scheese and Cheezly of the same type one of these days!

Anouk
Jan 21st, 2009, 07:26 AM
do report :)

Nyx
Jan 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM
i used to like it and then it started to make me nausious. any suggestions as to why?

meihee
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I just bought a smoked one and mozzarella. Do these melt at all? They don't really seem like they would. I tried a bit of the smoked cheddar. It seemed ok...

meihee
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I just bought a smoked one and mozzarella. Do these melt at all? They don't really seem like they would. I tried a bit of the smoked cheddar. It seemed ok...

Nyx
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:53 PM
It sort of melts is you steam/cook it. I used it in a tofu omellete, put the lid on, sandwhiched between tofu and it somewhat melted. Other than that, no. It doesn't.

Jiffy
Jan 29th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I'm afraid I can't get on with Scheese at all, to me whichever one you buy they all taste inherently of plasticine.

My favourite remains cheezly Nacho.

Risker
Jan 26th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I spoke to Tesco's recently and they said they'd be willing to stock Sheese if they got more requests for it.

If anyone wants to give it a go you can email them here - https://www.tescohelp.com/tesco/forms/cs_form.html?rel=external