PDA

View Full Version : Powdered soya milk or nut milk?

auntierozzi
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
I was wondering whether or not anybody could recommend a powdered soya milk with no added sugar. I have some recipes for making different kind of loaves in a bread machine involving powdered milk and I would love to try and veganize them.
Thanks

spazzpoet
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I just tend to leave the milk powder out and hope for the best. Usually works out!

auntierozzi
Jul 4th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Hi there,
Since then I have used organic powdered almond milk and that's been pretty good. You can't taste it. Thanks for your message on this. What have been your best bread successes?

LynnieBoodles
Nov 21st, 2007, 02:29 PM
I usually use some powdered egg replacer and instead of the recommended water amount I mix it with soy/rice milk. Good luck!

Marrers
Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:49 AM
I had to bulk buy some powdered soya milk (couldn't find any small quantities) as my bread makers recipes required it. But after a while I read people saying it wasn't necessary so I just left it out and the bread has been nicer if anything.

auntierozzi
Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
Hi Marrers and other breadmakers! I also bought a bulk tin of soya milk and have used it occasionally in bread and thought it was quite good. Have you found anything more interesting to do with your powdered soya milk since....gotta get through this tin!

Marrers
Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
I ended up chucking mine out. It was a very large bag and I was hardly using any in bread - I was worried it had gone off and that's when I tried making bread without it.

Mine had a bit of an odd taste to it but maybe you could use it in soups or puddings if you make rice pudding etc? I'd search for recipes which use lots of milk and try it in there!

auntierozzi
Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks Marrers,
My kids do love rice pudding etc..so thanks for that good idea :-)