PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl commercials

Chupacabra
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:50 PM
So for a little while I was happy that there weren't as many overtly sexist ads as there have been in recent years...but then the Jack-in-the-Box commercial came on. For a second I (rather naively) thought that they might be introducing a vegetarian line, but noooo. Just gratuitously insulting vegetarian values.

How offensive and obnoxious! :mad: At least JITB got kicked off the east coast a long time ago, so this commercial probably did not reach the whole country (I'm hoping?).

hollybee
Feb 6th, 2007, 01:36 AM
At least JITB got kicked off the east coast a long time ago, so this commercial probably did not reach the whole country (I'm hoping?).

They got kicked off the east coast?

Chupacabra
Feb 6th, 2007, 04:20 AM
OK. i was wrong. turns out they were never on the East coast. I thought they were before the food poisoning tragedy, but that was in the Pacific Northwest. They do have some restaurants in the Southeast, though.

hollybee
Feb 6th, 2007, 04:54 AM
They have a bunch here in Southern California. I will never understand how a place that's supposed to be so health-conscious can have so many fast food places. There are more doughnut shops here than I've ever seen, too. We've counted about twelve, and there are more opening up all the time.

Bonobo
Feb 28th, 2007, 09:44 PM
:mad: I know the ad you are talking about...

Complete dissapointment and A LOT of offensive taken

fiamma
Mar 1st, 2007, 09:22 AM
What was the ad about? (curious non-US resident here :) )

Bonobo
Mar 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM
See it here (http://www.ifilm.com/video/2819737)

What made it so much worse was that I was beaming when the vegetarian part came up.. only to be laughed at by all around me when the dissapointment hit :(

fiamma
Mar 1st, 2007, 09:06 PM
Ugh :mad: I feel a spoof coming on *writer's brain starts working overtime*