PDA

View Full Version : Vegan carob chips - what can I do with them?

tammay
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:57 PM
And please don't say chocolate chip cookies - I am not much of a baker and I HATE making cookies - I don't have the patience to sit there and form little drops of dough into cookies :D.

Seriously, anything quick and easy (and that doesn't use specialty vegan products like vegan margarine - though I do have substitute egg powder) that I can make with these?

Tam

absentmindedfan
Feb 6th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Just eat them :D

aubergine
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Brownies?

philfox
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:13 AM
this isnt going to be any help what so ever, but in this months issue of sommerfield magazine (yes that meat and cheese fest recipe brochure) there is a little interview at the back with gillian mckeith (love her or hate her) and she says she makes a fab carob brownie, but get this, completely raw. no recipe though....
see, told you id be no help :D

Pob
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Choc chip muffins. Recipe here with cherries in as well:
http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/VeganCakes/CherryChocolateChipMuffins.htm

aubergine
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Cherry and choc chips?

(drool)

Pob
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Cherries are ace in choc chip muffins :)

Although I've always used glace cherries in them.

VeganLiz
Feb 6th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Just plain ice cream with nuts and carob chips on top!

Liz X

twinkle
Feb 6th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Throw them away ;)

Pob
Feb 6th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Ha ha. I almost wrote that, too. :D

I haven't tasted them in years - are they that bad? They do seem a bit pointless, seeing as normal choc chips are vegan.

tammay
Feb 6th, 2007, 09:36 PM
My, those chocolate chip muffins do look sinful. Gotta try those :D.

Are regular chocolate chips vegan??? I looked on package of stuff like Giradelli chocolate chips and Neslie (the semi-sweet ones) and there was some kind of milk powder in them, I think.

Also, carob is supposed to be better for you (I think...)

Tam

Pob
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Sorry - I meant in the UK they are usually vegan. The plain Supercook ones that are in all the supermarkets.

absentmindedfan
Feb 8th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Or you can just buy Green and Blacks and break it up into not-so-tiny chunks of chocolatey goodness :D