PDA

View Full Version : What did your Vegan Child/ren Eat Today?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

ConsciousCuisine
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Anyone know of any potential problems in giving 8 month old babies pureed kale or collards?

Gas :(...kale and collards can cause irritable bowel and cramping in some little tummies. Be sure it's cooked really well and maybe put a little steamed potato (sweet or white, as you like) with it?

It's great that you son is taking to solids! :)

foxytina_69
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:04 PM
i dont have a child obviously, but i was feeding our housemates baby today. hes so gorgeous. today i fed him vegan strawberry yogurt (he LOVED it), homemade vegan rice bread, raisins and water.

his mom doesnt give him water, she gives him cows milk formula, sweetens it with syrup :confused: (like a baby needs liquid sugar!) and sugary juice. its so annoying. hes always getting fussy lately because he needs water, and food other than mcdonalds, cheap cheap fried sausages (theyre from a discount store, theyre like 5 dollars for 40 sausages, thats gotta tell u whats in them :eek: ) and cookies. the poor thing. :(

sorry this was more of a rant. LOL.

ETA: she also smokes, drinks alcohol, and smokes marijuana, all while shes still breastfeeding the baby. (she even breast feeds him after doing cocaine!!!!! THANK GOD theyre moving out today)

Mystic
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Odi eats better then that baby - that is terrible Foxy.

feline01
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:44 PM
ETA: she also smokes, drinks alcohol, and smokes marijuana, all while shes still breastfeeding the baby. (she even breast feeds him after doing cocaine!!!!! THANK GOD theyre moving out today)

Yikes! I only breastfeed twice a day now and still will not let any caffeine pass my lips (except for the minute amounts in chocolate) and avoid artifical colors/flavors/sweeteners etc., I wouldn't even get an x-ray for a possible broken bone in my foot but this woman does coke??? :mad: She should be reported to child protective services (who will do nothing).

ConsciousCuisine
May 9th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Blake: age 12 (all organic, homemade and vegan)

upon arising:

8 oz. distilled water

morning meal:

1 serving oatmeal with 1T. ground flax, 1 T. wheatgerm and 1/3 c. dried mango

1 serving orange juice

to School:

16 oz. distilled water, which is refilled once during the School day

2 slices sprouted flax/sunflower seed bread, 1/2 a sliced avocado, 3 slices peppered tofurkey, 1/3 c. spinach leaves, 1 tsp. each Nutritional Yeast, Veganaise and dijon mustard

3 raspberry-flax-wheatgerm-wheat bran-oatbran-oatmeal-banana mini muffins

1 serving pear juice

1 C. raw carrots and baby tomatoes

after school:

8 oz. distilled water then, 30 minutes later:

2 servings potato-garlic-onion-yellow carrot-curried whole wheat-samosas with spicy coriander tomato salsa

2 servings steamed broccoli with lemon, flax oil and nutritional yeast

8oz. B-12/ Calcium Fortified Rice Milk and 1 sublingual 500 mcg B-12 dot, 2 "Prescription 2000" Vegan Bone Support Vitamins (vitamin D, K, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Silica), 1 Selenium tablet, 1 chewable Zinc/C tablet and TCM Herbs

evening meal:

1 serving raw-slaw (red cabbage, carrots, green onions, yams and sprouted sunflower creme)

2 servings hummus and nori wraps

1 serving steamed collard greens and baked tempeh with mango salsa and coconut oil

8oz. B-12/ Calcium Fortified Rice Milk

Before Bed:

8 oz. distilled water

FR
May 10th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Blake: age 12 (all organic, homemade and vegan)

upon arising:

8 oz. distilled water

morning meal:

1 serving oatmeal with 1T. ground flax, 1 T. wheatgerm and 1/3 c. dried mango

1 serving orange juice

to School:

16 oz. distilled water, which is refilled once during the School day

2 slices sprouted flax/sunflower seed bread, 1/2 a sliced avocado, 3 slices peppered tofurkey, 1/3 c. spinach leaves, 1 tsp. each Nutritional Yeast, Veganaise and dijon mustard

3 raspberry-flax-wheatgerm-wheat bran-oatbran-oatmeal-banana mini muffins

1 serving pear juice

1 C. raw carrots and baby tomatoes

after school:

8 oz. distilled water then, 30 minutes later:

2 servings potato-garlic-onion-yellow carrot-curried whole wheat-samosas with spicy coriander tomato salsa

2 servings steamed broccoli with lemon, flax oil and nutritional yeast

8oz. B-12/ Calcium Fortified Rice Milk and 1 sublingual 500 mcg B-12 dot, 2 "Prescription 2000" Vegan Bone Support Vitamins (vitamin D, K, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Silica), 1 Selenium tablet, 1 chewable Zinc/C tablet and TCM Herbs

evening meal:

1 serving raw-slaw (red cabbage, carrots, green onions, yams and sprouted sunflower creme)

2 servings hummus and nori wraps

1 serving steamed collard greens and baked tempeh with mango salsa and coconut oil

Before Bed:

8 oz. distilled water

Wow, can I move in?

Mystic
May 10th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I can't wait to have kids so I can do that for them :)

Realfood Mary
May 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Hi there!

What a great thread. This needs to be stickied!

Good that you are breastfeeding twins Feline01 - and that you are eating properly while you are doing it! Are you planning on keeping them breastfed for a while? My son was three and a half when we stopped, and he is doing fine. Might be a good idea to post what you are eating too, since that is going into the kiddies. Are you getting loads of sleep? It sounds to me like you don't need to go for long walks to burn off your food!

I will post my son's yesterday - porridge for breakfast with a handful of muesli cooked into it, served with fortified soya milk. Herb tea for breakfast.

Hummous and salad sandwich (lettuce, oak leaves yes really! pepper) on brown seeded bread. An innocent smoothy for kids, strawberry and banana, with an apple. He didn't eat the apple till he got home.

Dinner last night, roast potatoes, Redwoods cheetin' roast beef, cauliflower, peas, sweetcorn, gravy.

A 500ml bottle of water at school, one cup roobosh tea at home, cup of rice milk before bed time.

FR
May 10th, 2005, 11:42 AM
All you mothers are doing a fine job! Practically nothing erks me more than vegan parents who choose to raise their children on non-vegan diets, foolishly thinking they cannot obtain adequet nutrition that way. I can see that you all are feeding your loved ones incredible, nuritionally sound meals. I admire your dedication and knowledge. I just wish I could stop over for some of that yumminess!

feline01
May 10th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Good that you are breastfeeding twins Feline01 - and that you are eating properly while you are doing it! Are you planning on keeping them breastfed for a while? My son was three and a half when we stopped, and he is doing fine. Might be a good idea to post what you are eating too, since that is going into the kiddies. Are you getting loads of sleep? It sounds to me like you don't need to go for long walks to burn off your food
Unfortunately, I officially weaned this past Sunday :( . The kids were just going batty on the boob, they were jumping, biting, pinching, punching and I just couldn't handle it anymore. They really don't seem to miss it either which is almost as sad as the weaning. I guess we were all ready.

I can't post yesterday meals here since my husband (VeganMan) fed them though I did come home from work and gave them some organic chickpeas which Ben proceeded to eat while Sarah, once again, made hummus out of hers (mushed the bean) and did not eat it. Ben also had about 15 Oatios (organic whole-grain cereal similar to Cheerios) and Sarah threw about 15 Oatios onto the floor and her chair. They ate their usual selection of organic baby veggies/fruits and oatmeal yesterday for their main meals.

Peas'nHominy
May 10th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Hey, CC! Ooo-ooo!! Feed me, too! :D Is Houston too far a commute for you from Cali? :p tee-hee

Peas'nHominy
May 11th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Luke is 3, Leia is 6, and TJ is 12.
All is vegan. B-12, Calcium, and muti-V's were supplemented today; we need to make a grocery run! :o Water is enjoyed through-out the day...I'm thinking about monitoring that more closely, though...

Breakfast:
Luke-13 strawberries, 1/2 slice toast
Leia-13 strawberries, 1 slice toast
TJ-1 small apple, 3 slices toast
Snack:
Luke-about 35g crackers
Leia-about 60g crackers
TJ-about 20g crackers
Lunch:
Luke-1/4cup Spanish rice, 1/4cup baked beans
Leia-1/2 of a raw carrot, 1/4cup Spanish rice, 1/4cup baked beans
TJ-1.5cups Spanish rice, 1cup baked beans, approx. 1cup raw spinach
Snack:
Luke-about 30g crackers
Leia-about 30g crackers
TJ-about 30g crackers, 1/2cup baked beans, 3/4cup Spanish rice
Supper:
Luke-fell asleep on me! :rolleyes:
Leia-1/2 slice toast, 3/4cup pinto beans, 1/2cup potato, about 1/3cup raw carrots
TJ-1 apple, 1/2 slice toast, 1/2cup pinto beans, 3/4cup potatoes, about 1/2cup spinach
Snack:
skipped today; wanted to go to bed early :eek: (now that's unusual!) :D

...this sounds really boaring, but interestingly this is some of their most favorite foods... :rolleyes:

Edit: Luke just woke up and is having 1/2cup pinto beans and a bowl of popcorn while watching Dr.Suese's Cat In The Hat movie. Can you tell he's my baby??

ConsciousCuisine
May 12th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Hey, CC! Ooo-ooo!! Feed me, too! :D Is Houston too far a commute for you from Cali? :p tee-hee

I would actually love to visit Houston some time! Invite me over and I'll do a tour, visiting members' homes and being thier Personal chef :)

ConsciousCuisine
May 12th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Wow, can I move in?

Man, I know if you put the intent out there you can connect with a cool vegan woman who will take turns being Chef with you (that sounds naughty) :) There is someone out there for you!

FR
May 12th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Man, I know if you put the intent out there you can connect with a cool vegan woman who will take turns being Chef with you (that sounds naughty) :) There is someone out there for you!

Yeah, I actually have had some luck getting responses on Match.com from vegan gals. I tired VegWeb, and even though there are countless vegans there, I had no luck and deleted my account.

Tigerlily
May 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM
CC, your daughter eats such wonderful food. You have given me great lunch ideas to take to school. :) Thanks!

feline01
May 16th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Sarah & Ben had Trader Joe's organic rice milk for their first-time this weekend and enjoyed it :) . I want to slowly wean them off of the organic soy formula and onto rice + almond milk. I can't seem to find organic almond milk though, just rice.

cedarblue
May 16th, 2005, 06:00 PM
vegan foods daughter ate today;

hash browns
couscous, cucumber, grated raw carrot, pineapple, crisps
supper: sitr-fry sweet n sour tofu, rice noodles, mange tout & baby cobs

rest of stuff veggie so not relevant here :o

Realfood Mary
May 22nd, 2005, 06:31 PM
I keep forgetting to post!

Porridge for breakfast, made with fortified soya milk. One banana. Cup of Roobosh tea.

Mild curry with baby potatoes, green beans, steamed rice for the middle of the day. Soya yoghurt, two ginger biscuits, can of "Whole Earth" pop (naturally sugar free cola substitute.)

Turtle Island Raspberry ripple ice cream cornetto. (Vegan obviously! He had never had one before and loved it.)

For tea tonight he is going to have his first ever Linda McCartney pie, with smash and gravey.

Quite a calory dense day, but he has been doing a lot of running around, and is going through a growth spurt. In case I didn't mention it hear before, he is 4 foot 5 or 6, waist of 22 inches, and weighs 29 kg.

cedarblue
May 22nd, 2005, 06:48 PM
'cheatin' rashers & mushroom toasted sandwich
liquorice
big field mushrooms baked drizzled with olive oil & lemon juice, steamed baby carrots, corn on the cobs
juice, water
vegan bakewell tart

other veggie stuff

RockyRaccoon
May 23rd, 2005, 07:48 PM
What a great thread! It's really interesting to see what you're all feeding your kids. There's some good ideas in here I'll be trying :)

MiniRaccoon, age 8. When I'm feeding her she eats vegan food only which she totally accepts. She continues to eat other foods when with other people though so some days there will be gaps. I have fed her all day today :D

Breakfast: 'yoghurt'
Snack: crisps
Dinner: wholemeal pitta filled with 'cream cheese' and spinach (only ate half), 'yogurt', two bourbon biscuits
Snack: mix of peanuts, raisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
Snack: grapes
Tea: 'sausages' and couscous (only a bit) with pureed tomato and vegetable sauce, strawberry 'icecream'
Bedtime: (will have) fortified chocolate 'milkshake'

Drinks: around two glasses of peach squash (it's a real battle to get her to drink anything at all :( )

Mystic
May 24th, 2005, 04:18 AM
I am excited to have kids - I want to bring them up on foods that I never had as a child - essene bread, various nut butters, tempeh, quinoa etc... I will also provide them with the vegan junk food that I enjoy so much, like mung bean chips instead of crisps, date & coconut rolls, whole medjools stuffed with nut butter, freeze dried bananas etc... I want them to be REEEEEALLY healthy :)

Tigerlily
May 24th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I know Banana! I never wanted kids but now I kind of do and I'm so excited. I want to spoil them yummy vegan foods.

Rocky Raccoon: Maybe try getting your daughter to eat more watery fruits and vegetables if she's not into drinking water by itself? Cucumbers, tomatoes, oranges, grapes, etc, are pretty juicy and low in calories.

feline01
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:02 PM
I just made the kids their lunch:

Red lentils, short brown rice, carrots, kale, garlic clove-all organic. When it cools down, I'm going to puree it and add a teaspoon of olive oil, few pinches of nutritional yeast and a few large pinches of flaxseed meal. :D

Their snack while waiting for their bottles to be made will be either a slice of ezekiel bread split between them (which Ben will eat and Sarah will nibble daintily while throwing the rest around the living room) or some organic kidney beans (which Ben will eat and Sarah will smush daintily while eating some of them and spreading the rest on her chair, arms, face, hair, butt, legs etc.) :rolleyes:

Realfood Mary
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM
:D Sounds like Séamus at their age, only double the fun! You don't have a dog do you? Séamus used to daintily throw food at the dog while his grandparents weren't looking, and then smile innocently when they congratulated him on finishing his dinner. :D