PDA

View Full Version : What did your Vegan Child/ren Eat Today?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 12th, 2004, 02:27 PM
I think this thread will be useful to those looking for what other Vegan Children eat and what Vegan Parents are offering to them on a daily basis.

I ask that you post whatever you'd like about your Vegan Child/rens' diets, including what you offered and what they actually consumed, if there is a difference. Post actual serving sizes and the age/s of child/ren.

Please keep it 100% Vegan, so we will have a log of Childrens' Sucessfully Served and Eaten Vegan Meal ideas and a resource for menu planning for those who are curious, struggling or simply would like a few good ideas. ;)

Yesterday:

Blake/age 11/Organic Vegan

upon arising:

8 oz. distilled water

morning meal:

1/2 Sprouted Food for Life English Muffin w/ 1 T. Almond Butter

2 T. Dr. Schulze's Superfood w/1 T. each Udo's Choice Oil, Lemon Juice & Garlic mixed in 8 oz. Tomato-Mixed Veggie Juice

B-12 Sublingual Tablet: 1/3 of a 1000 mg. Tablet

to School:

16 oz. distilled water, which is refilled once during the School day

2 pieces Sprouted Ezekiel Sesame Bread & 1/2 Haas Avocado sprinkled w/ 1/2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast, 1/2 tsp. Onion & Garlic Powder & 1/3 C. Baby Spinach

8oz. B-12/ Calcium Fortified Chocolate Soy Milk

1/2 C. Baby Carrots with 2 T. Brazil Nut/EFA Oil Pate

1 Granny Smith Apple

after school snack:

8 oz. distilled water

1/2 C. Steamed Broccoli & 1/2 C. Steamed Cauliflower w/ 1 tsp. Nutritional yeast, 1 tsp. Braggs & 1 tsp. Earth Balanced Whipped

3/4 C. Sliced Heirloom Tomatoes w/ 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast, 1 Clove Pressed Garlic, 1 tsp. Living Olive Oil, 1 tsp. Brown Rice Vinegar & 1/2 tsp. Braggs

evening meal:

2 oz. Marinated Lemon-Garlic Tempeh, 3/4 C. Short Grain Brown Rice, 1 tsp. Earth Balance Whipped, 1/2 Lemon, jucied, 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast, 1/3 C. Shredded Carrots, 1/3 c. shredded Lacinato/Dino Kale

2 Squares Terra Nostra Dark Chocolate

8 oz. B-12/ Calcium Fortified Soy Milk

before bed:

8 oz. distilled water

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 13th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Yesterday:

Blake/Age 11/Organic Vegan

morning meal:

1/2 Sprouted Food for Life English Muffin w/ 1/4 a Haas Avocado

2 T. Dr. Schulze's Superfood w/1 T. each Udo's Choice Oil, Lemon Juice & Garlic mixed in 8 oz. Tomato-Mixed Veggie Juice

to School:

2 pieces Sprouted Ezekiel Sesame Bread & 1/2 Haas Avocado sprinkled w/ 1/2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast, 1/2 tsp. Onion & Garlic Powder & 1/3 C. Baby Spinach

2 Sliced Heirloom Tomatoes w/ 1/2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast and 1/4 tsp. Braggs

1/2 C. "Tings" Corn Snacks

1 Granny Smith Apple

after school snack:

8 oz. distilled water

1 piece Raw "Essene" Bread w/ 1 T. Almond Butter

6 Raw Black Olives

1/3 Cucumber, 1/2 C. Baby Spinach Leaves, 2 Hearts of Palm, 1/3 Haas Avocado, 2 T. Home-Made "Goddess" Dressing and 1/2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast

evening meal:

1/2 C. Steamed Broccoli & 1/2 C. Steamed Cauliflower w/ 1 tsp. Nutritional yeast, 1 tsp. Braggs & 1 tsp. Earth Balanced Whipped with 1 C. Short Grain Brown Rice, 2 oz. "Gimme Lean" Soy Breakfast Style, 1/8 c. Grilled Onions

before bed:

8 oz. distilled water

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 13th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Doesn't anyone else have a Vegan Child? Please post if if you do. It would be great to see what our little ones are eating...

Korn
Oct 14th, 2004, 12:13 PM
I think it would make it easier for more people to contribute if we would separate this topic into separate threads, like 'Morning meal ideas for kids' etc. Remembering everything a kid ate during a day, and then write it down, takes more time than just sharing some experience and suggestions re. what kids like to eat...

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 14th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Oh well. Too bad. I just thought it would be great for those of us who were Vegan Parents to be able to share a ful day in its entirety, since many people worry about their Child getting adequate nutrients and have *no idea* what other Vegan Children eat, since there is no place that I know of to get an idea of what is considered "normal" daily intake for a Vegan Child. I guess no one else who is Vegan and a Parent feels this is necessary. :confused:

Northern Lights
Oct 14th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Hi CC.

I don't know if it's like Korn suggested about being too broad a topic or not. I didn't jump in because my children are (not yet) vegan, although I'm serving them more and more vegan each day!

Something I have learned over the years is that when it comes to 'normal', there is no such thing. (I think there's a saying that 'Normal' is just a setting on the dryer..) My children have always been light eaters, especially compared to family X and family Y. My 11 yo son will occasionally have 2 helpings of a pasta, or a couple extra pancakes, but for the most part our whole family eats 'light'. My 9yo daughter can't eat a whole apple at one sitting. What was a normal meat serving for a single person in family X was a meat serving for my whole family, with occasional leftovers!

I've come to the point that if I continue to have healthy options available for the children, and they eat when they are hungry, they will do fine. I do not have 'junk' available to fill up the spaces needed by good food.(I know this is the same for your child)

I also homeschool my children, so I get the opportunity to sit down with them often throughout the day and make anything special that's needed to fill in gaps (not enough fruit? I cut up a salad and we dig in!)

I was reminded by your 'after school snacks' idea though. It would stop the predinner munching if I made sure they had something around 3-3:30!

Peace....

feline01
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:02 PM
I look forward to reading what you feed your daughter, CC because it's never too early to start thinking about meal planning for my babies. They will have the luxury and joy of being raised vegan from birth though their organic soy formula (they are breastfed and supplemented with formula) has D3 in it which really bothers me but it is the only organic soy formula on the market. They will be 6 months old next week so their initiation to solids is on the horizon now.

I was wondering, is there a particular reason your daughter drinks distilled water? We drink spring water in our house, even the cat but is distilled water healthier?

casey_veggoddes
Oct 15th, 2004, 03:32 AM
I'll post what my lil' vegan ate today, though I can't promise I'll be able to do it regularly :o Also, he gets his fruits/veggies for lunch (I send a main dish with him) and snacks from his day care so I usually don't know what he ate as far as those go.

Caleb/3yrs:

breakfast-

WW Chex and soymilk

lunch-

sandwich (WW bread; tofu marinated/cooked in Bragg's, spices, and kethup; vegan cheese; vegan mayo)

snack-
:confused:

supper-

BIG bowl of "number noodles" and peas. (This was just leftover vegan mac that comes in a box, I can't remember the brand)

snack-

pretzels and roasted peanuts

* I also tried to get him to drink some veggie juice (I just bought a juicer) but it didn't work because I tried to juice some green leafy lettuce, apples, and carrots and it just made greenish brown goo. :p I think I'm gonna return the juicer and buy some veg juice at the store. :rolleyes:

casey_veggoddes
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:01 AM
I ask that you post whatever you'd like about your Vegan Child/rens' diets, including what you offered and what they actually consumed, if there is a difference. Post actual serving sizes and the age/s of child/ren.

Please keep it 100% Vegan, so we will have a log of Childrens' Sucessfully Served and Eaten Vegan Meal ideas and a resource for menu planning for those who are curious, struggling or simply would like a few good ideas. ;)

Here's some things my three yr old LOVES:

pot pie (veggie stew w/ Bisquick or homemade biscuit topping)

any kind of pasta w/ my special homemade tomato sauce (plain canned tomato sauce, onion, basil, olive oil, salt, red wine, garlic and onion powder) he also loves breadsticks with his pasta.

rice cakes w/ applesauce and flax seeds or peanut butter and raisins on top, (I call them either "applesauce pizza" or "peanut butter pizza" and he really responds to that)

quesadillas w/ just about any filling. Idea: brocolli and soy cheese; refried beans and nutritional yeast; flour torilla, crumbled tofu, fresh basil, and pizza sauce (sprinkle some garlic powder on top)

french toast- mix grahamn flour and soy milk w/ yummy seasonings like cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, dip bread, cook in oil or butter.

rissotto

pita pizzas

stroganoff noodles ( wide pasta, tamari and onion broth w/ vegan sour cream, and peas)

goulash- this is a vegan version of something I ate when I was young; elbow mac, ketchup, onion powder, dried parseley or cilantro, nutritional yeast, and aduki beans. You could probably use something a little more nutritous than the ketchup but, that's what makes it taste yummy ;)

I could actually go on and on because thankfully, my son's not a very picky eater...but I won't :p

Korn
Oct 15th, 2004, 09:51 AM
I don't know if it's like Korn suggested about being too broad a topic or not. The topic is definitely interesting, I was just responding to CC, who wondered why there was no response so far. As in many other cases, this is not an 'either-this-or-that' situation. There is room both for a 'What did your vegan kid eat today'-thread and threads about certain meals for kids. :)

(Also... this thread would even be interesrting for many parents even if only ONE parent would keep posting reports....!)

casey_veggoddes
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Yesterday Caleb ate:

Breakfast- shredded hashbrown potatoes with red and green peppers, soy chorizo, and soy chedder cheese on top. One whole apple, sliced up with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Soymilk.

Lunch- half a grilled tempeh sandwich on whole wheat bread. "cheesy" mashed potatoes made with nutritional yeast. breaded kale nuggets. soymilk.

Supper- (what I made) whole wheat shell pasta and chicken style tofu w/ finely chopped celery, carrots, and onions in a tomato sauce. what we actually ate- peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches with ground flaxseeds mixed in. :D I always underestimate the time it takes to cook celery and carrots. :o

casey_veggoddes
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:09 PM
So far today Caleb (3yrs) had:

breakfast- organic grapes, WW toast with almond butter, soymilk

lunch- brown rice w/ a creamy soymilk/soycheese/nutritional yeast sauce and with some "burger" crumbles mixed in. chocolate soymilk, and whatever else the daycare is offering today.

snack will be- banana, pretzels, orange 'n' carrot juice

supper will be- shells and "cheese" pasta, the sauce will be made w/ white beans because I have some in the fridge that I need to use up. peas and maybe some carrots too. and either soy milk or juice to drink.

for his nightime snack I'll probably make some popcorn in my new air popper. i'm sure he'll get a kick out of it because it shoots the popcorn all over the place but, most of it ends up in the bowl ;)

on a side note, I walked into his daycare yesterday to find him eating CHEESE!! :eek:

feline01
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Casey,

What are breaded kale nuggets and how do you make them? We love kale and I'd like to expand my kale recipes since all I make now is sauteed kale. Also, where do you find soy chorizo?

What did you do about your son eating the cheese?

Sue

casey_veggoddes
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Casey,

What are breaded kale nuggets and how do you make them? We love kale and I'd like to expand my kale recipes since all I make now is sauteed kale. Also, where do you find soy chorizo?

What did you do about your son eating the cheese?

Sue

I got both the kale and soy chorizo at a WalMart store (in Wisconsin). The kale is just cut up into bite size chunks and coated with breadcrumbs, I think, it might be flour I'm not sure. I found them in the frozen vegetable section :D

As far as the cheese incident goes, I just let it go basically. I told them he wasn't supposed to be eating that and the lady who had given it to him (who I didn't know, never seen her there before) just kind of laughed it off and said "that little bit won't hurt him will it"? BTW, I just got lectured last week for bringing a cashewbutter sandwich into the school because some of it might jump across the table into an allergic kid's mouth and yet they tell me that it's just a little cheese:rolleyes:

If it had been meat I would have FLIPPED but, I'm just not that picky about dairy (as long as it's in really small amounts which this was). I figure he's gonna be old enough soon to be able to deal with those situations himself, and hopefully he'll make the right choices. You just can't expect to have total control over what happens when you aren't there, especially when you're dealing with over-worked daycare staff, and especially when your son doesn't know the difference between soy cheese and dairy cheese. :o At this point I'd prefer them giving him cheese once in a while over them telling him 'no' and everyone else 'yes' and making him feel bad. Having said all that, I'm going to try to pick him up fifteen minutes earlier from now on, before snack time. ;)

feline01
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:02 AM
We've decided to home school at least for their first many years but I'm already wondering now how to handle the first time they eat a non-vegan item. Notice I said when, not if-I know it is unavoidable basically. I just want to teach them to make the right choice for themselves. That is unfair that the school takes feeding your son cheese okay but eating a cashew butter sandwich is wrong. We know that public school's priorities isn't about what is necessarily healthier for the child, just which lobbyist gave them more money.

mysh
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:32 AM
My son used to have an egg sensitivity (pre-cursor to an allergy). In his case, when he had egg, within one hour he would be one big hive. Anyway, when he was first in preschool we still had him strictly eggless, so we told his preschool teacher and the classroom helper. Of course they paid no attention, so he would get snacks and birthday muffins with eggs whenever they were brought in by someone else. It took us a while to find out, and we were a little bit displeased (as you might imagine). Luckily for everyone, he was over the sensitivity by then.

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 20th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Casey,

It is too bad that the Daycare Workers do not respect your choices. It is sad when the people who have charge of and take "care" of our children are not in support of what we have requested for our children--what they need to be happy and healthy.

I am a Vegan Parent and I worked in a Daycare, was a Nanny and a Preschool Teacher so I offer you a different perspective on this.

First of all, everyone is overworked, in every profession. This "overworked" condition is often used as an "excuse" for Nannys becoming enraged and shaking infants until they die; You know, "Shaken-Baby" syndrome.

There is *no* excuse for sub-standard care, especially when dealing with our most precious children.

What if your son, like so many children, had a food allergy? You mentioned that they aren't okay with having nutbutters in the school, because of allergy concerns. This is a common and now widely-known concern. It is because of a few children who became very ill and a few very vocal parents (many of which have sued Schools and Daycares) that this is now something that care providers pay more close attention to. Why doesn't your Veganism warrant the same attention?

Your children deserve the best and *only* the best. As a Parent, you *deserve* to have your wishes respected and it is reasonable to have an expectation that your child will be treated up to *your* standard of care- you might ask yourself, if they show so little disregard for your food-related wishes, what else might they be doing that doesn't "jive" with your ethics and parenting style?

Just a suggestion--You can be sure the staff has Vegan Cheese on hand for the times when other children have pus-snacks so there is no reason to have him "singled-out" or be told "No!" or made to feel different.

You are right, he will make his own choices when he is able, but he is young now and, just as if he had a food allergy that would make it so that he would become life-threateningly ill if he consumend something he was sensitive to, you as parent have the right and honor of choosing what serves his (and everyones') Highest Good, in this case a Vegan Food. :)

Perhaps you could make some information on Nutrition and Food Allergies and Veganism available to the Staff at your Daycare, with an emphasis on why this is so important to you and your son. Perhaps they would take it a little more seriously if they understood why you feel so passionately about it. It is possible they are ignorant of what being "Vegan" means. The people I worked with were...

There is a larger issue at hand here- it is one of liability. If you instruct the Care Providers to NOT do "XYZ" and they do it anyway, they are legally accountable for what harm may occur. In the case of a child with allergies, if a child goes into anaphalactic shock, a person or Corporation can be sued for all they are worth...

Anyway, I hope this perspective offers you something of use.

Blessings and Be Well!

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Yesterday:

Blake/Age 11/Organic Vegan

morning meal:

8 oz. Peppermint Tea, 1/2 Sprouted Food for Life English Muffin w/ 1/4 a Haas Avocado, 1/2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast, 1/4 tsp mixed garlic and onion powder

to School:

1/2 Haas Avocado sprinkled w/ 1/2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast, 1/2 tsp. Onion & Garlic Powder, 1 tsp. Raw Tahini, 1/4 tsp. Unpasteurized Red Barley Miso with 1/2 C. Amy's Green Chile Beans & 1 oz. Baked Blue Corn Chips

1/4 C. Shredded Beets, 1/4 C. Shredded Carrots, 1/4 tsp. Umeboshi Vinegar, 1 tsp. Brown Rice Vinegar, 1 Scallion and 1 tsp. Udo's Choice Oil

1 Granny Smith Apple

after school snack:

8 oz. distilled water

1 piece Raw "Essene" Bread w/ 1 T. Almond Butter

1/2 Cucumber, 1/2 C. Baby Spinach Leaves, 1 T. Home-Made "Goddess" Dressing and 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast

evening meal:

1/2 C. Steamed Cauliflower w/ 1 tsp. Nutritional yeast, 1 tsp. Braggs & 1 tsp. Earth Balanced Whipped

1 1/2 Cups Soup: Leek, Tomato, Green Onion, Red Onion, Garlic, Carrot, Red Potato, Corn, Spinach & Sliced Black Olives with 1/2 tsp. Unpasteurized Red Barley Miso

1 C. Roasted Red Bell Pepper Quinoa w/Corn, Onions, Garlic, and a dash of Cayenne

before bed:

6 pecan halves and 8 oz. Calcium Fortified Orange Juice

8 oz. distilled water

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:05 PM
I look forward to reading what you feed your daughter, CC because it's never too early to start thinking about meal planning for my babies. They will have the luxury and joy of being raised vegan from birth though their organic soy formula (they are breastfed and supplemented with formula) has D3 in it which really bothers me but it is the only organic soy formula on the market. They will be 6 months old next week so their initiation to solids is on the horizon now.

I was wondering, is there a particular reason your daughter drinks distilled water? We drink spring water in our house, even the cat but is distilled water healthier?

What lucky babies! Vegan from Birth! (I intend that we see more and more of THAT, please!) It's so nice that you are careful about making sure their formula is Organic as well ;)

I prefer Distilled/Charcoal Filtered/Ozonated water. I like the "clear" taste. Distilled water is the most pure water; it has no chlorine, no harmful chemicals, no minerals. There are many schools of thought as to which water is the "best" water, and for us, Distilled is our choice because it is pure water, with nothing else in it. I must say that our Distilled water is also filtered through a solid charcoal filter and ozonated so it is slightly alkaline. :)

mysh
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:21 PM
There are many schools of thought as to which water is the "best" water, and for us, Distilled is our choice because it is pure water, with nothing else in it.

Make sure that your kids get enough fluorine, if they're drinking distilled water. Recent studies have shown children who drink only distilled water getting very bad dental problems. And make sure they don't OD on fluorine, as that's even worse than the no-teeth consequence of not enough.
Me, I like a good spring water - we used to always drink Evian when we lived in France, but it's too expensive in the US, so we get the supermarket's "drinking water". One of my friends recently told me that the best kind of filtration is reverse osmosis. I haven't done the research myself yet, but I'll post it when I get an opinion on the matter. ;)

casey_veggoddes
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:27 AM
Casey,

It is too bad that the Daycare Workers do not respect your choices. It is sad when the people who have charge of and take "care" of our children are not in support of what we have requested for our children--what they need to be happy and healthy.

...Well, so far the daycare staff has been great! I think this person was a volunteer or something because I've never seen her there before. I'm suspecting though that she either assumed or was told that he wasn't actually allergic to dairy and like you said, didn't repect my choice enough to not give him the cheese.

I am a Vegan Parent and I worked in a Daycare, was a Nanny and a Preschool Teacher so I offer you a different perspective on this.

First of all, everyone is overworked, in every profession. This "overworked" condition is often used as an "excuse" for Nannys becoming enraged and shaking infants until they die; You know, "Shaken-Baby" syndrome.

There is *no* excuse for sub-standard care, especially when dealing with our most precious children.

What if your son, like so many children, had a food allergy? You mentioned that they aren't okay with having nutbutters in the school, because of allergy concerns. This is a common and now widely-known concern. It is because of a few children who became very ill and a few very vocal parents (many of which have sued Schools and Daycares) that this is now something that care providers pay more close attention to. Why doesn't your Veganism warrant the same attention?

...I'm definately a non-confrontational person. I think I'm afraid of being judged by the daycare workers because I'm raising my son vegan so I try to act as laid back about it as I can. It seems to be getting harder and harder to avoid confrontation though, everyday it's something else there, they have two tortoises caged up in his classroom which just makes me sick, then I have to walk in and see my son eating processed cheese slices, what next?!?

Your children deserve the best and *only* the best. As a Parent, you *deserve* to have your wishes respected and it is reasonable to have an expectation that your child will be treated up to *your* standard of care- you might ask yourself, if they show so little disregard for your food-related wishes, what else might they be doing that doesn't "jive" with your ethics and parenting style?

Just a suggestion--You can be sure the staff has Vegan Cheese on hand for the times when other children have pus-snacks so there is no reason to have him "singled-out" or be told "No!" or made to feel different.

...Yes, I've thought about that, though they don't have cheese at snack time very often. And honestly I don't consider any of their other snack foods to be nutritionally adequate either. Even when they have fruit they only give them tiny little pieces (a serving of fruit for my son is one *whole* apple/banana, he loves fruit), most of their snacks are processed-cracker-type-things like "goldfish" chedder cheese snacks. Even if he does eat snacks at the daycare I give him another one when we get home because they are so skimpy with the portions.

You are right, he will make his own choices when he is able, but he is young now and, just as if he had a food allergy that would make it so that he would become life-threateningly ill if he consumend something he was sensitive to, you as parent have the right and honor of choosing what serves his (and everyones') Highest Good, in this case a Vegan Food. :)

Perhaps you could make some information on Nutrition and Food Allergies and Veganism available to the Staff at your Daycare, with an emphasis on why this is so important to you and your son. Perhaps they would take it a little more seriously if they understood why you feel so passionately about it. It is possible they are ignorant of what being "Vegan" means. The people I worked with were...

There is a larger issue at hand here- it is one of liability. If you instruct the Care Providers to NOT do "XYZ" and they do it anyway, they are legally accountable for what harm may occur. In the case of a child with allergies, if a child goes into anaphalactic shock, a person or Corporation can be sued for all they are worth...

Anyway, I hope this perspective offers you something of use.

Blessings and Be Well!

...Yes, very much appreciated! :)

casey_veggoddes
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:29 AM
Oops, that didn't turn out right. My responses are in the quote box!

Mystic
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:42 AM
I am so jealous of these children!

As a child I had 'vegetarian tendencies', which made it hard on my mother, because back then, being vegetarian was 'unhealthy', and there was not much available. So all I ate as a kid was:
- white bread
- peanut butter
- heinz baked beans
- heinz tomato soup
- vegemite
- cheese
- milk (especially strawberry flavoured milk)
- spaghetti
- eggs
- yoghurt
- fries
(not to mention all the other rubbish I ate, like chocolate, cookies, desserts, crisps, cake, custard and overly processed snackfoods)

I also consumed a lot of butter. My family were not very nutritionally aware. Our vegetable diversity consisted of potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and tomato (and frozen peas), but I have to admit, we did have a lot of nice fruit!

Lucky now I am aware, and am in the process of unclogging those arteries and detoxing from those refined sugars and excess salt!!!! Well, sort of - I still love sweet foods, and sometimes all I want is a tin of salty baked beans or a chunk of (vegan) choccie!

casey_veggoddes
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:46 AM
Today Caleb/3yrs old/vegan had:

breakfast- 3 kid-sized pecan pancakes (batter mixed with ground pecans, vanilla extract, and cinnamon) and maple syrup and cinnamon sprinkled on top, organic grapes, orange/carrot juice. The juice is a mixture of calcium oj and a carrot juice I found that has a really high amount of vitamin A, because it has both juice and carrot puree in it.

lunch- creamy brown rice w/ finely chopped almonds and spices mixed in, sweet corn, juice.

supper- leftover vegetable potpie made with carrots, corn, parsnips, celery, onion, fresh parseley, and amaranth w/ a biscuit topping. he also had a small bowl of green peas ( I originally made soft white wheat berries steamed in white wine and veg broth and some tempeh "meat" balls, but he didn't like either of those). soymilk to drink. homemade chocolate cupcake which he only ate half of.

snack- fruit leather and a few mini pretzels

casey_veggoddes
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:54 AM
Banana,

I grew up on pizza, potato chips, mac and cheese in a box, and Hamburger Helper...that's it! I didn't know what a cucumber looked like until a few months ago! :eek: But, my mom did better than my older sister who only feeds her kids candy, juice, and fast food.