PDA

View Full Version : Red Velvet Cake?

Ceshtanen
Feb 28th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Does anyone have a good tried and true vegan recipe for it? My fiance' and I will be getting married in October and would like a recipe that will keep even the omni's there from complaining. And, of course, anyone with menu suggestions for buffet style dining is welcome to throw them our way, there may be some things we've overlooked--beloved hummus not being one of them!

harpy
Feb 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Congratulations! I'm afraid I don't know what Red Velvet cake is but there seem to be one or two vegan recipes for it on the web, e.g. http://vegweb.com/recipes/sweets/4273.shtml

Here are some things that went down well with both veggies and omnivores at a vegan buffet we had - not sure how easy they all are to get/make where you are. We had caterers so I'm afraid I don't have recipes but most of the things are fairly self-explanatory.

falafels

veg. samosas

small kebabs of marinated tofu (use cocktail sticks) - think there were also some with polenta cubes

small vegetable kebabs (ditto) - they used "posh" vegetables such as olives and artichoke hearts

dips (yes, including hummus!) with raw vegetables and taco chips to dip in them

small hummus and salad sandwiches

bruschetta, i.e. bread spread with various toppings such as chopped tomato or vegan pate

mixed salads

fruit plates (with tastefully arranged small fruits and cut-up larger ones)