PDA

View Full Version : What would go with stuffed peppers?

Lorrs
Mar 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'm making a vegan dinner for my omni family next week and my mum requested "stuffed peppers with...something" so I'm wondering what the something could be. Any idea what would go well with them to make a decent main meal?

jamboxrock
Mar 11th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Hmm...you could use a salad w/ grains & veggies...something like couscous w/ cucumber/tomato/lemon juice/olive oil. Or you could use fake meat and do a ground beef tomato sauce mixture. Roasted veggies might be good if you cook the peppers...

piggy
Mar 11th, 2007, 07:17 PM
well, if you want to have it all on the same plate, you could make a cous cous or rice salad like jamboxrock suggested. Or you could make varius kinds of roast vegetables, and eat them and the peppers together with toasted italian bread.
otherwise, you could make a pasta first course, something plain like pasta with tomato or mushroom sauce, and then have the peppers as a second course..

emmy
Mar 11th, 2007, 07:18 PM
we had stuffed peppers last night! filled with a tomato mince sauce, and served with couscous. really yummy!

Lorrs
Mar 11th, 2007, 09:23 PM
cheers folks

Nicola
Mar 11th, 2007, 09:50 PM
at a vegi cafe i go to they often have roasted peppers stuffed with bulgar wheat, chopped raisins/dried apricots/dates, pumpkin seeds, lemon juice (for taste), pine nuts, sometimes chopped walnuts and black olives. i absolutely love it!

Mermaid07
Mar 12th, 2007, 06:35 AM
you could use vegetarian chili or maybe a quinoa black bean tomato mix.

flying plum
Mar 12th, 2007, 05:58 PM
half a fennel bulb is tasty and looks really good (thanks delia :)). sometimes i use cous cous with dried fruit and nuts and things.