PDA

View Full Version : Booja-Booja’s new ‘Stuff in a Tub’ is better than ice cream

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Gorilla
Aug 6th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I watched a film called 'the stuff' (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0090094/plotsummary) a couple of days ago, it's beginning to sound disturbingly accurate!

:D haha

niallmc
Aug 7th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Bought the chocolate one the other day, 2 of my kids thought it was too rich. I enjoyed it, made sure to - it cost €9.50

RedWellies
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I've just tried the coconut one. I'm not a huge fan of coconut but it was the only flavour they had. I didn't like it!! I didn't like the "bitty" effect of the coconut and the colour was off putting too. And it left a horrible creamy taste in my mouth like dairy icecream! I hope the chocolate one is better. I'm very disappointed after all the excitement.

Cumin
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I quite liked the taste of the coconut one, but it did look rather revolting.

Gorilla
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I'm very disappointed after all the excitement.

i hate to say i told you so... ;)

Willowherb
Aug 15th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know whether it's on sale at Infinity Foods in Brighton yet? I'm not expecting anything spectacular, but I would like to try it.

harpy
Aug 15th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Am gradually working my way through the pecan one but it's not doing much for me TBH. Still game to try the choc one though!

Gorilla
Aug 15th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Does anyone know whether it's on sale at Infinity Foods in Brighton yet? I'm not expecting anything spectacular, but I would like to try it.

i was in there at the weekend and they didn't have any. i didn't ask if they'll be getting any in though because they were really busy, and they were refitting/expanding the shop so probably had enough to worry about without being pestered about ice cream ;)

Spud Addict
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Am gradually working my way through the pecan one but it's not doing much for me TBH. Still game to try the choc one though!

Ditto, I didn't really think it was that special. I could get the same effect by buying vanilla swedish glace and dumping in a bottle of maple syrup IMO.

I am still interested in trying the chocolate one, especially if it out-chocs the fake tasting swedish glace chocolate flavour.

I can't see it justifying the price though, but am more than happy to be proved wrong. :o

Willowherb
Aug 16th, 2007, 10:34 AM
i was in there at the weekend and they didn't have any. i didn't ask if they'll be getting any in though because they were really busy, and they were refitting/expanding the shop so probably had enough to worry about without being pestered about ice cream ;)
Perhaps they're waiting until the expansion is completed before getting some. I heard it was due to be completed in August but these things sometimes take longer than expected. I can't wait for it to be finished, hopefully they'll expand their range to enclude more vegan stuff. I know it's very good already, but we can't have too much vegan stuff :)

Gorilla
Aug 16th, 2007, 11:13 AM
yeah, hopefully they'll have an even bigger range once they've finished :)

Marrers
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:49 AM
I found the Chocolate one in Landsdown Health Foods in Lewes. I was even less impressed with it on a second tasting.
I found the Maple Pecan one in Oasis Health Foods in Croydon and this seemed nicer on the second tasting.

I still have to try the other flavours.

xwitchymagicx
Aug 20th, 2007, 08:58 PM
The chocolate one is too chocolaty, I want to try the coconut one!! :mad::)

I wouldn't say it was worth £4.99. Least it seems pretty "healthy" with only four ingrediants.

When I go to America I'll try their fancy flavours see if I like those. ;)

frank language
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
Don't brands like Ben & Jerry's and the ice creams in the US have weird names too?
Yeah, like "Chubby Hubby" and "Ben's Heart Attack."

I can't wait to try these, I hope they are in the shops for the summer.
I'm not holding my breath; at least we have "Purely Decadent" Soy Delicious here in the States.

frank language
Aug 22nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
When I go to America I'll try their fancy flavours see if I like those. ;)
Coconut Craze Soy Delicious! (http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/purely_decadent_coconut_craze.html) OMG!

RedWellies
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:14 PM
I tried the chocolate and the vanilla ones today. Much better. Mr Kevster was right when he said let the choc one melt a bit. I put some vanilla in a bowl, then the chocolate one on top and let them soften. Very good!!

xwitchymagicx
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Coconut Craze Soy Delicious! (http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/purely_decadent_coconut_craze.html) OMG!

I'll add that to my must try list! lol ;)

Marrers
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:13 AM
I saw this stuff in an organic deli type shop / mini supermarket - which also had organic meat etc (on Marylebone High Street I think) for one pound over the normal price! :eek:
That's 5.99 and 6.49! :eek: :eek:

Michael Benis
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Too chocolatey sounds good....

They have everything except the chocalte in brighton's Sunny Foods, but they're promised to get some for me.

Some stores load prices a lot, it's not like the good old bad old days when you could count the wholefood stores in the UK on the fingers of both hands but they were all cooperatives and sold everything in recycled paper bags or massive containers.....

As for the BB stuff being expensive - well it is, but at least it's not full of cheap crap ingredients. Tofutti is garbage in my opinion and though I don't mind SAwedish Glace theingredients aren't anything either natural or of particularly high quality - the usual industrial stuff, and so is their factory, which is why the prices are less.

None of which of course means I'm actually going to like it when I try it.....:D

Digital Ghost
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I recently spoke to someone from Beanies and they told me that they were working on getting B'nice rice creams in new flavours.

Apparently they are trying to get coconut, ginger bread, passion fruit and also ice cream sundaes.

I was honest and told them that this did make my day/week. :p

Gorilla
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:45 AM
They have everything except the chocalte in brighton's Sunny Foods, but they're promised to get some for me.

ooh. i might have to buy myself a tub for my birthday next week... ;)

Willowherb
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Sunny Foods here I come :D

Kevster
Aug 29th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I had the opportunity yesterday to either buy the bb chocolate or the Rice Cream strawberry, and went for the strawberry.

Digital Ghost
Aug 30th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I can understand that Kevster, personally I never liked strawberry ice cream all that much until I tried B'nice.
I think its cause its got strawberry puree in and taste more like real strawberries I find it so good.

Cherry
Aug 30th, 2007, 10:58 AM
And why is that the healthier a product is and the less ingredients it has in it, the more we get ripped off for it!! :mad: The chocolate one comprises of just water, agave, nuts and cocao powder - simple. Now I just need to work out the ratios so I can have a go at making it myself!! :D

Quite.

We've tried the coconut one and now the maple syrup and pecan one. I like how 'clean' they taste and the maple one was particularly delicious, but yes, not worth £5.