Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Very good cake (best ever imo) - easy and tasty

250 g of cane sugar
350 g of flour
4 dl soy-milk
3 teaspoons vanilla sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
50 g margarine

Mix sugar and margrine well. Add the soymilk little by little. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Bake for 25 min at 200C. Take out of oven and put on topping.

Topping
120 g margarine
250 g dark brown sugar
1/2 dl soymilk
150 g ground cocoanut

Mix ingredients and heat in a pot. Put topping on cake and bake an additional 10 min.

I will upload a photo next time I bake it (might be a while since I am trying to cut back on my sugar intake:) )

Wishes
May 3rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
This sounds really really good. I would have to get a measure for the ingredients though.

Two questions: What is vanilla sugar? And the ground coconut. Do you just grind it in a blender or food processor?

emmapresley
May 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
wishes...i would've thought vanilla sugar is simply like a canister of sugar that you would pop a vanilla pod or two into and leave for a few weeks or so, so it all infuses. :confused:

dessicated coconut might also lend the cake topping a more rustic texture :D

talitha
May 3rd, 2007, 09:36 PM
This looks lovely Felece but I'm confused about the soy milk quantities. Whats a DL :confused:

pat sommer
May 3rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
deci-litre so that makes 400 ml

talitha
May 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks Pat

I thought it might be a deci litre but couldn't remember how much that was (despite the big clue) :o

eco
May 4th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Sounds good Felece, thanks for posting. I'm always on the look out for new cake recipes.

talitha
May 14th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Felece,
I made this for dessert yesterday. We had it straight out of the oven with Mocha Ripple Swedish Glace and it was absolutely divine :p if a little gooey. I think next time I'd probably give the cake a few more minutes in the oven before putting the topping on.
Thanks for the recipe :)