PDA

View Full Version : New York state vegan meet-up

Pages : [1] 2

DancingWillow
Apr 6th, 2007, 06:04 AM
OK, I've been jealous of the vegan meet-ups that the UK people have, so I thought to do one here:D I'd love to meet some of you lovely vegans!

I'm really desperate for vegan company!!! I haven't been able to find any vegans here and it's really getting to me. I even started a Yahoo group for vegans in the area and nobody has responded so far (it's been 2 months).

One day last week, I was going to work and I suddenly noticed that the car in front of me said "Go Vegan" on its license plate. I had the urge to follow the car and meet the person in it, but of course that would have been very weird and would have freaked out the person. I did think about it though...lol! :)

Anyway, if anyone wants to have a meet-up somewhere around the state, we could organize something fun...there's plenty to do around the state (outdoor activities, concerts, NYC, etc). Or, we could go to the Vegan Treats cafe in PA;)

cedarblue
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:38 AM
good luck with getting something going dw! :)

Gorilla
Apr 6th, 2007, 09:19 PM
One day last week, I was going to work and I suddenly noticed that the car in front of me said "Go Vegan" on its license plate. I had the urge to follow the car and meet the person in it, but of course that would have been very weird and would have freaked out the person. I did think about it though...lol! :)

lol - i've seen a big van near where i live that has 'Go Vegan' painted on it but i don't know who it belongs to :p

hope you get to meet some other vegans!

DancingWillow
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:50 AM
thanks cedar and gorilla!

gorilla, you could leave a note on the van and ask the owner to contact you:)

there is an international film festival in Syracuse from april 18-22. there will be various independent films, art films, documentaries, and so on. the website is:
http://www.syrfilmfest.com/

if anyone is interested in going, please post or pm me!

Katalina
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I would love to meet other vegans and I'm in New Jersey.. If it wouldnt be too far from here, I'd definitely help out with the meet up in any way possible! Lemme know.

DancingWillow
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:26 AM
hi katalina:) i'll send you a PM...

frank language
Jun 15th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I'm in New York City, so anyone who wants to meet up down here, I'm game.

I also have a vegan friend in Ithaca, and--who knows--we could all get together in Albany or something.

Otter_
Jun 15th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I know it's a long drive, but there is a fairly large vegan community here in Cambridge/Boston. The last time I counted there were 6 completely vegan restaurants and over a dozen vegetarian/vegan places... so lots of choices.

If it not to far of a drive, maybe I could make it down to NY.

DancingWillow
Jun 16th, 2007, 07:58 AM
hi frank language...i go to NYC on occasion, so next time i'm headed that way, i'll let you know:) also, i drive to ithaca quite frequently, so if you'd like to meet there, let me know. it's quite vegan-friendly and there's lots of stuff to do. i'm actually starting to organize vegan meet-ups there.

otter, i've never been to boston, but one of my closest friends is moving this summer and she'll only be an hour away from boston, so i'll probably be headed in that direction soon:)

katalina, we had talked about meeting up...what's your schedule like for the next couple of weeks? pm me, and maybe we can figure out an in-between place where frank language and otter can also come...

RMS
Aug 7th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Hi! I'm also in NYC . . . well, Brooklyn! And I'm from MA! :) Just thought I'd chime in . . . I'd love to meet some folks sometime.

frank language
Sep 23rd, 2007, 03:41 AM
Brooklyn is NYC; I think you're the closest person to me (I'm in Manhattan.)

Give a shout; maybe we can round up some other veg-heads.

xwitchymagicx
Sep 24th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I'll come to New York one day, you'll have to meet me. :mad::p

Guacamole Gal
Oct 23rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Hey, another foreigner gatecrashing your thread!!:p

I should be over for a quick visit late this year and again for a longer stay early nextyear, so add me to the list!! A NY friend of mine has just told me there's a new place on 1st near Pukk, anyone know it? Not sure of name.... Looking forward to sampling as many restaurants as humanly(+humanely!!:D) possible!!

RMS
Nov 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
SO I disappeared - but I'm baaaack ... there have got to be more NYers around here!

Heard Pukk is awesome - looking forward to trying it out soon!

bryzee86
Nov 18th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I know this is a little early (erm...4 months!), but myself and joeybee are coming to NYC for the first time in March next year and we were thinking it'd be lovely to meet up with a lovely NY vegan or two! whaddya reckon?

BlackCats
Nov 19th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Hey - I thought why is Bryzee on this thread? You lucky things I bet you and Jo will have a great time!!!!:)

bryzee86
Nov 19th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Oi! you're not in New York! skidaddle, missy or I'll set the Jo on you.

RMS
Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
Yay! Visitors!

bryzee86
Nov 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM

bryzee86
Feb 29th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Is anyone up for this then? We're in NYC (Manhattan, really) from 19th - 26th March. Anyone want to meet for some chow?

Anastazee
Aug 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Whatever happened??!!?! If you haven't already had a NYC meet up i'm gonna arrange one :)

co_jad
Aug 16th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Im in CT! Any excuse to wander into Manhattan is a good one.
Plus I would love to meet up with some of you great people

Joeybee
Aug 16th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Me and Bryee were going to New York again next easter or summer, so i'll keep my eye on this thread, cos i'd love to have a meet-up in my future home :)

bryzee86
Aug 16th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Whatever happened??!!?! If you haven't already had a NYC meet up i'm gonna arrange one :)

Nothing happened, 'cos NYCers didn't want to meet :(

veganwitch
Aug 17th, 2008, 04:28 AM
I know it's a long drive, but there is a fairly large vegan community here in Cambridge/Boston. The last time I counted there were 6 completely vegan restaurants and over a dozen vegetarian/vegan places... so lots of choices.

If it not to far of a drive, maybe I could make it down to NY.

I used to live in MA, where on earth are these veg restaurants. I can think of TJ's, Buddha's Delight, but that's it. I'm curious b/c I am always on the lookout for new places.

Dancing Willow, this sounds like a fabulous idea. I would love to join in but it is too far for me atm, mainly b/c of our animals. I hope you all have a great time. That bakery in PA sounds great!