PDA

View Full Version : Male and Female Eating habits

sugarmouse
Apr 8th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Stereotypically, do you think that there are certain habits assigned to men, and others for women? If so waht?
I was thinking about this when I thought about the fact that men are not usually the target audience for marketed chocolate, they are supposed to prefer savoury over sweet, and that men are seen to have larger appetites, also that women are seen to eat in a daintier manner.
What do you think?

Lorrs
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I'd say that's a fairly accurate description of the western stereotype. I wonder if it's the same in other countries?

sugarmouse
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I guess you are right, I havent researched it or anything, but it does make me wonder.

Ihave even heard people saying to women 'you are a macho eater' ...

Lorrs
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah well my pal Lee (a girl) she could eat for Scotland and folk have said to her "you eat as much as a man" but if I'm honest, I've never even seen a man eat as much as she can lol.

RedWellies
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Most of my female friends eat as much, if not more, than their men!!! I think the line between different genders is blurring more and more. In fact, I wondered yesterday if women will end up having the same life expectancy as men soon, seeing as a lot of women now live the traditional male lifestyle.

I agree about the savory/sweet thing though.

absentmindedfan
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:10 PM
The savoury/sweet thing is definately something I've observed.

Annoyingly most men I know eat as much if not more than I do and don't put on weight as easily :mad:

Gorilla
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:31 PM
i don't really like sweet food, and i think i eat quite a lot. but then i'm not a very girly girl :p

Pisces
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I've definitely observed the savoury/sweet thing too. I'm also pretty much the same with everything Gorilla said.

Lorrs
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:18 PM
ditto lol yay for the non girly girls who eat lots

RachelJune
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I'm definately more sweet than savoury :)

Tigerlily
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:14 AM
My brother is obsessed with chocolate. He whines and complains when we have no chocolate in the house. :p

=Sarah=
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I definitely prefer savory/salty over sweet, I only very rarely crave chocolate and I can eat a lot so that throws it off on one hand.. but there's also the stereotype i do fall into being a lesbian who's vegan.. hmm :p

RedWellies
Apr 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM
there's also the stereotype i do fall into being a lesbian who's vegan.
Oh, are all vegan girls supposed to be lesbians then? Or all lesbians vegan???? I never knew that!! Time for that commune, girls!

=Sarah=
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Haha, this is what I'm told.. "ohhh so you're vegetarian then?" "...?" :rolleyes: