PDA

View Full Version : protein powder meal replacements Australia

insubordination
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I'm talking about one of those protein powder meal replacements. I know that there are some available in other countries but have had no luck finding something like that here. They all have whey powder or D3.

BlackDog
Apr 10th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Why do you want / need one? :D

insubordination
Apr 10th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Without going into details, I'll be having an operation and need it post-op. Doctors orders.

BlackDog
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:36 PM
That's alright then! :)
Sorry I can't help but maybe try talking to the hospital dietician? Or:
Amanda BenhamDietitian, Nutrition Consultancy. Want professional advice on vegan or vegetarian diets and nutrition? Amanda Benham, Nutritional Consultant & Accredited Practising Dietitian (and vegan!), is available for consultation by appointment (including over the telephone and via email).
"I can help you plan a better diet for you and the planet."
Amanda is the only dietitan recognised as an expert in vegetarian nutrition by the Dietitians Association of Australia.
Health fund rebates and discounts for Health Care Card holders are available.ContactAmanda Benham Mobile 0416 126 043 Email amandajb@iinet.net.auWebwww.veg.onestop.net (http://www.veg.onestop.net)

How long would you have to be on it?

insubordination
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:31 PM
10-14 days. Thanks for the link. I will check her out.

Julesink
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:44 AM
there is a pea isolate protein readily available in australia

it is 100 percent vegan

i used it whilst doing muai thai kickboxing training

its the same company as vital greens

who are also changing to all vegan ingredients

its imported but there is definetly and australian distributor

pity i only just saw this...when i was back home i was trying to sell the rest of my powder..its over half full..but im now in europe

insubordination
Jul 9th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Thanks. I found that pea protein powder and vital greens and the two combined did the trick. They weren't so bad. Happy they weren't sweet tasting. Mixed them in tomato juice.

I also found ladybird rice protein (not sure about the D but it says suitable for vegans) and there was a soy-based one in the supermarket too. All were reasonably priced.