PDA

View Full Version : Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat

veganavenger
Apr 16th, 2007, 07:05 PM
A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal.

The goat's owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.

"We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi said.

Mr Alifi, of Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

"When I asked him: 'What are you doing there?', he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up."

Mr Alifi then called elders to decide how to deal with the case.

"They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife," Mr Alifi told the newspaper.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_4740000/newsid_4748200/4748292.stm

flying plum
Apr 16th, 2007, 07:08 PM
the world has gone mad.

amanda

RedWellies
Apr 16th, 2007, 07:34 PM
:eek: I wonder what the goat thinks? Leaving the goat out of it, I quite like the justice of it!

coconut
Apr 16th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Who knows? Maybe the goats in Sudan are irresistable :D

Pob
Apr 16th, 2007, 08:25 PM
That's actually quite an old story (Feb 2006). That's the second time it's appeared in the most emailed section for no apparent reason.

Is it actually true? Snopes seems strangely silent on that one.

Apple_Blossem
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:08 PM
It is well known that goats and sheep are smaller than humans and when humans engage in sexual activities with them, it can end up hurting the internal organs of the animal, just like a rape. And the animal cannot consent to the act. This is almost the same thing as a man who has sex with a child who is mentally handicapped and cannot say "yes," "no," or "stop."

A few years ago, there was a man was put in the local jail for having sex with a goat (I live in the US, but about 30 minutes out in farm country). He was given a few months in jail and was charged with "animal cruelty."

veganavenger
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:50 PM
It is indeed an old story, however I only just stumbled across it last week, apprently it's udnergoing something of a revival. There was a story in the Guardian yesterday entitled "The Goat Story That Just Won't Die" - apparently there are some who believe there is an organised internet campaign to keep it one of the most popular stories on the BBC website! http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2063975,00.html

And yes, it is sick that people choose to rape goats and sheep. Definitely animal cruelty - a few months in jail doesn't really cut it IMO.

I used to be really into sadism, necrophilia and bestiality - but then I realised I was flogging a dead horse :rolleyes:

Apple_Blossem
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:53 PM
:eek:Seriously?

Or is that a joke. :p :rolleyes:

veganavenger
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:56 PM
A bad joke - apologies - possibly one of the most tasteless and least vegan I've ever come out with :o

Apple_Blossem
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Heheh,
I was sitting here and thinking that it was a joke... and then I thought, no, .... then I couldnt decide... and then.... I had to be rude and ask!

Enchantress
May 3rd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Apparently the goat in question has now died after choking on a plastic bag.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6619983.stm