PDA

View Full Version : The Tea Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

TheFirstBus
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:46 AM
I am not rock solid on wether this thread exsists somewhere already but this is clearly labeled "the tea thread", I knwo that many of you out there must drink tea so, I dunno this seemed like a well rounded idea. Today I picked up some herbal organic teas from"Bija" celyon green tea and celyon black tea, I have never had black ta so I hoped its good. I dunno there is my tea fly at it. (I used to drink english breakfast btu have since wanted to get back to some more herbal teas and cut that out of my breakfast)

cedarblue
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:12 AM
i enjoy earl grey tea, decaffinated.
- nothing else will do :p

herbal= green tea with lemon or jasmine & various fruit teas

veganblue
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Great Idea TheFirstBus! Below the shelf that my last housemates called "the wall of spice", is the "wall of tea...". mostly medicinal, I dose my current housemates with various concoctions when they cough or sniff and for the odd hangover - yes there is a remedy...
Infuse dried peppermint with the bruised flower heads of fresh lavandar - make a strong brew; it's brilliant for persistent headaches also.

My favorite tea is black vanilla. I keep two vanilla pods in the jar to keep the flavour and it has a mild euphoric effect.

boomer
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:00 PM
I love white tea, great for detox when you are feeling low and life is throwing chemicals at you. I started this after a recent stay in hospital, I had major liver and kidney surgery, I had to get the drugs out of my system and try to get some normality back and white tea has helped.

Artichoke47
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:53 PM
I like the brand Choice teas. They are organic and fair-trade. My favorites are white peony and twig. :)

TheFirstBus
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I like the brand Choice teas. They are organic and fair-trade. My favorites are white peony and twig. :)

Thats who I get my english breakfast from:D

assilembob
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:51 PM
I am a tea FREAK!
I drink it all...it's horrid I know, but I am not knowledgeable about the fair-trade stuff. I just buy what sounds yum.
Been really loving this mix I got from someone, it's a fruit herbal tea with rosehips, peppermint and some other stuff (those are just the flavors I can identify). I love it so much.
My other favorite is a tea called Harvest Moon...can't remember the brand, but it's also a fruity herbal tea.
MMMMM TEA!
~Mel

PinkFluffyCloud
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:06 PM
I've been drinking a herbal tea called 'Love' tea lately, it's made (organically) from Rose and Chamomile, with a little Licorice, and it is lovely.
Actually, I've run out, and must get some more, I'm missing it!!

mysh
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:06 PM
I love Tazo Chai, which is organic. It's the brand that Starbucks use for their chai, which is how we discovered it. But many grocery stores carry it, too.

Trendygirl
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:22 AM
Do any of you buy fair trade tea?

I have read that some teas add ox blood to them for colour, does anyone know anything about this?

Artichoke47
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:39 AM
I buy fair trade, Choice brand tea.

That sounds gross! I won't buy molasses because I hear they drip pig blood in it or something. Yuck.

Roxy
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:31 AM
My preference is for fair trade organic tea and I like to try new flavours. At the moment I am in the middle of a pack of Yogi Tea - Cocoa Spice Flavour. It's organic and the ingredients are: Cocoa Shells, Cinnamon Bark, Roasted Chicory Root, Natural Flavours, Cardamom Seed, Ginger Root, Stevia Leaf, Date Powder, Clove Bud, Black Pepper, Cocoa Bean, Natural Cinnamon Oil, Natural Cardamom Oil, Ginger Oil.

It's very warming and nice to drink now that the days are getting cooler.

Geoff
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:09 AM
I buy Trade Winds tea from Justice Products. How ethical is that! :)

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:55 AM
Red Rooibos Teas & Green Tea Kombucha from Yogi Teas are my favorites...

gertvegan
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:25 PM
This winter I shall mostly be drinking pukka teas (http://www.pukkaherbs.com/retail/teas.html) as advertised in The Vegan Guide To Bristol. :)

PinkFluffyCloud
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
Aha!! Pukka Teas, that's what my 'Love' Tea is, couldn't think of the brand, thanks!
Lovely - not too strong, just right, mmmm!! :)

Gorilla
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:17 AM
i have found a nice warming tea for the winter months - Qi White Christmas tea. it's organic and fair trade, made with white tea, cinnamon, cloves, orange oil and loads of other yummy festive spices. :)

foxytina_69
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:34 AM
i have a whole shelf of teas. altho i havnt been drinking it that often anymore. i do love my chamomile, or vanilla chamomile, or black vanilla, or green, or peach (when iced it is delicious!)

eve
Dec 1st, 2004, 12:13 PM
May favourite teas are Rooibos, and they are naturally without caffeine :)

chakra
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:19 PM
I get these crude looking boxes of cut leaf Assam tea from a Mediterranean store. I don't know what it is since it's in Arabic. The store suggested it. Very full flavor black tea. I still like caffiene.

Artichoke47
Dec 1st, 2004, 03:31 PM
I got this really good Choice Mango Ceylon tea. It's awesome!

Tigerlily
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:59 PM
I love tea. I haven't tried any herbal teas but I like the normal black tea (orange peoke kind) and I like green tea.

I also like my grandmother's tea. She brews real tea leaves with cinnamon and lots of sugar! It's unhealthy with all that sugar but mmmmmmmmm so good, if you like sweet things.

Gorilla
Dec 14th, 2004, 11:11 AM
i've just started drinking Pukka's Soothing chamomile and fennel tea, and soothing it is indeed. :) i really need it right now!!!

gertvegan
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:00 PM
I was fortunate to be given some pukka chocolate spice tea by a certain someone. Whats the word....bleugh.

PinkFluffyCloud
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Pukka's 'Love' tea is the best!
I haven't had any for 2 whole weeks, as it's expensive and I am financially troubled right now, but I miss it sooooo much!!