PDA

View Full Version : amsterdam

bulletproof
Oct 19th, 2004, 10:32 PM
i have been a couple of times and in my experience it seems to be veg/vegan friendly, though i personally only know of a few restaurants/cafes (which were both good). i was wondering if anyone knew of any, maybe that have links to a website or something? thanks :)
i really like amsterdam. there is a good atmosphere there, nice architecture (sp?), art. of course weed too but that isn't my reason for liking amsterdam. i hope to go in the half-term- but the half term begins tommorrow and i still haven't booked a flight...

gertvegan
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:16 PM
HERES (http://www.happycow.net/europe/netherlands/index.html) a happy cow link for The Netherlands bulletproof, with some phrases to.

I think theres several Dutch links on Wanda's www.veganpeace.com , but I can't access it at the mo. Have a good trip b. :)

bulletproof
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:42 PM
dank u vel (not sure how to spell it but that is phonetical dutch for thankyou :) )

Vegantastic
May 29th, 2005, 10:28 AM
dank u vel (not sure how to spell it but that is phonetical dutch for thankyou :) )

Almost correct, it is 'dank u wel' :)

i really like amsterdam. there is a good atmosphere there, nice architecture (sp?), art. of course weed too but that isn't my reason for liking amsterdam.

Almost everyday I am in Amsterdam..., but I don't like it there... not so quiet there, a lot of tourists, etc.

bulletproof
May 29th, 2005, 02:49 PM
hmm, i think some bits are a lot less touristy than others but i know what you mean. where in the netherlands do you live? i have a relatives in the hague/den haag (sp?)

Vegantastic
May 29th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I live near Amsterdam (Mijdrecht, ever heard of it?), I am also born in Amsterdam and a lot of family is living near or in Amsterdam.
What do you mean with '(sp?)'?

bulletproof
May 29th, 2005, 03:18 PM
sorry, sp is short for spelling- so 'spelling?'- or 'not sure how to spell it' :)

VeggieIry
Jun 18th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Hello
I'm going to be in Amsterdam in August of this year and I would like to meet some vegans there and if you know some good vegan restaurant or a restaurant with lot of vegan dishes let me know
Thanks
Irene

Tray
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I have a vegan friend that now lives in a squat there.. Maybe I'll see him this weekend, I can ask him ;)

gogs67
May 3rd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Thought i'd bump this thread seeing as i'm gonna be there at the weekend.I know my way around quite well and wonder if there are any more shops/cafes/bars that have opened since i was there a few years ago?
Dank voor om het even welke informatie mijn Nederlandse vrienden!

mael
Jul 25th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I am travelling through Amsterdam and then onto Maastricht tomorrow, so I will report back next week and let you all know how vegan friendly it is :)

sprite1986
Aug 6th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I'm going to be in and around Amsterdam on and off for the next week, so I shall also report back - can't wait. :D

mael
Aug 7th, 2007, 10:23 AM
I am happy to report that during my stay in the netherlands I did not starve. ;)

Depends what kind of vegan you are I guess. I am more a raw foodist and I found plenty of fresh veggies to eat, pretty good quality and cheaper than in england. I don't eat cooked fast vegan food, but from what I could see, if that is your thing, then there are places you can buy from.

Mael x