PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever eaten something then found out it wasn't vegan?

mjj48
May 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Having found out today that Vitalite dairy-free margarine isn't vegan (a big thank you to the person who informed me), I've stopped eating it and have bought a different margarine instead.

It got me wondering though - has anyone else on here ever ate anything they thought was vegan only to find out at a later date it wasn't?

Or was it just me? lol :)

flutterby
May 10th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Have a look at the Eating something non-vegan (by accident) thread mjj48, http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2302 :)

Enchantress
May 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I think just about everyone has done that at one point or another. It's happened to me a couple of times, once with egg pasta (my mum thought all dried pasta was egg free) and once with Mexican baked beans (my mum didn't read the label. Now I either cook my own meals or hover around my mum reading the labels on everything.

mjj48
May 10th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Phew! It's not just me then :).

Thanks for the link too, just finding my way round these boards and haven't read most of them, my apologies if I keep doubling up on what's already been posted :).

Jay