PDA

View Full Version : Arguments for vegetarianism

Korn
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:24 PM
From http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/8522/veget_e.html :

globesetter
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Nice link - one of my favorites from the site:

Argument: The animals get killed fast and without pain.
Counterargument: Then why must so many cows be brought with electric shocks to the slaughter if the procedure is painless? DO you seriously believe that the animals do not feel pain when they got killed? How do you explain then their screams? Is that supposed to be a "Hallelujah"?

regards,
globesetter

Korn
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Of course killing animal means causing pain. Some people deny that - but as Mark Twain said: Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. ;)

tricia
May 1st, 2004, 03:39 PM
LOL too funny... i jus got an interesting starter pack from vegan outreach and there is part of an article in there stating that this guy worked in a slaughterhouse and 95% of the animals were slaughtered piece by piece.. they have different ppl cutting up the carcass and he stated that some lived all the way to the belly ripper and the hide puller..

yuck quite sad.. i think all vegans should get this starter pack if they havent it has lots of info... and also ppl wanting to go vegan.. im posting the link over in not vegan yet forum...

Unregistered
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:13 PM
You can survive without vegetables - eat lots of pills. We have the teeth to eat meat - look at you insicors. Vegetables don't suuply either vitamin B12 or the active form of B6

veganmike
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:05 PM
Thank you for your thoughtful analysis of vegan nutrition and human anatomy. :D

globesetter
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:27 PM
You can survive without vegetables - eat lots of pills. We have the teeth to eat meat - look at you insicors. Vegetables don't suuply either vitamin B12 or the active form of B6

My INCISORS work well on broccoli....not so good on raw animals -

Not only have you given us a great lesson on anatomy and nutrition, but also on spelling!

:D

Have a nice day.

Unregistered
Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:00 AM
CANINES! I MEAT CANINES! ARGH!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....................... spelling? what spelling? lol

Marina
Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:38 PM
If you mean our canines, perhaps a look at a gorilla's teeth might be more apropriate. Though perfectly capable of tearing flesh, these fierce, impressive teeth belong to a vegetarian animal.

globesetter
Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:11 PM
CANINES! I MEAT CANINES! ARGH!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....................... spelling? what spelling? lol

I donīt know what kind of teeth you have, but my `canines` would be no more capable of ripping into raw flesh than my fingernails would be of tearing it.

We also donīt have the enzymes in our saliva or stomach to quickly breakdown meat, which carnivores and other omnivores have.

We also have an intestinal track that is much longer that carnivores, or most omnivores. A long intestinal track is needed for extracing nutrients from plant foods.

We also have different jaws than carnivores - theirs open up and down ( think of a lion), while ours opens only down. Even omnivores like bears, have this double kind of jaw movement that we donīt have.

Carnivores are also color blind - they can only see prey when it moves. Like other plant eaters, we see color, so we can pick fruits and veggies.

Carnivores senses of hearing and smell and remarkably stronger than ours - so they are good at finding and tracking prey.

The list goes on and on. Iīll try to post a link for you.

While we are clearly omnivores - the evidence suggests we are simply lucky that we can survive reasonably well on a variety of foods, but our teeth, hands, senses and digestive systems are better designed for plant foods.

Even my dog, who is also an omnivore, has more interest in meat than I do - she goes wild chasing ducks and licks her chops while watching them.

Funny, watching ducks never inspired me to run after them wildly or salivate. :D

I just love to watch the water rolling off their backs.

regards,
globesetter

CatGurl
Jun 4th, 2004, 04:53 AM
This site rocks my socks

i LOVE U!