PDA

View Full Version : American Vegan Markets?

Achilles
May 18th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I've browsed around on here, and seen a lot of mention of markets which are rich in vegan foods, if not entirely vegan foods. The only problem is that I'm over the pond in the U.S., and it seems as though most of you are in England. (or somewhere else in Europe)

Does anyone know of any places which are rich in vegan food, or have sections of their stores dedicated to veganism that is in the States?

Tigerlily
May 19th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Whole Foods?

Achilles
May 19th, 2007, 01:43 AM
I figured as much. Does anyone have any knowlege anywhere else to shop?

CoCo
May 20th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Trader Joe's caters more to vegetarians, but has some decent stuff for vegans, too. Good soy/rice/almond milk, soy yogurt, meat substitutes and cheap tofu, a wide array of nuts, tons of frozen and cheap fruits and vegetables...I'm pretty sure they have fake cheese, but I've never tried it. If you're on a budget, TJ's is especially wonderful. Good luck in your search!

missbettie
May 20th, 2007, 07:29 AM
I don't know how many they have and I live in Cali but Lassens has a lot for vegans. Half the store is vitamins and they have so much vegan stuff, i am like a kid in a candy store when I go in there. Traders Joes is nice but ya they do really cater to vegetarians rather than vegans, though they have really vegan cookies, and their hummus is to die for!

Sheila
May 20th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I've browsed around on here, and seen a lot of mention of markets which are rich in vegan foods, if not entirely vegan foods. The only problem is that I'm over the pond in the U.S., and it seems as though most of you are in England. (or somewhere else in Europe)

Does anyone know of any places which are rich in vegan food, or have sections of their stores dedicated to veganism that is in the States?

Achilles,
Since it says you are in Boston, here's a link to some information about vegan shopping there. Hope this helps. It doesn't look like any are entirely vegan but it appears there's a good selection of items.

http://www.veganboston.com/shopping.htm

Sheila

tipsy
May 20th, 2007, 05:30 PM
generally, the local healthfood store is where i shop whenever im visiting someplace where i cant find a wholeoods, trader joes... ect. there has to be a healthfood store or two in boston!

Achilles
May 20th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Hm... thanks guys. Big help.