PDA

View Full Version : Bethleham, PA

rantipole
May 22nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm taking my boyfriend to see Zen for Primates for his birthday. The show is in Bethleham, PA. I'd like to take him to dinner before the show. Does anyone know of a vegan resturant in the Bethleham area? The show is June 16, so I have some time to do some research. I know there is a vegan friendly Indian resturant in Bethleham, but I'd like to go someplace a little more special. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
rant

Pisces
May 23rd, 2007, 12:04 AM
This is a vegan bakery (not a restaurant) in Bethlehem called Vegan Treats Bakery.

Vegan Treats Bakery
1444 Linden St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Tel: 610-861-7660

However, 8 miles from Vegan Treats Bakery in Emmaus, PA is a restaurant (all vegan in fact) called Balasia.

Balasia
500 Chestnut St.
Emmaus, PA

Tel: 484-330-6405

DancingWillow
May 23rd, 2007, 07:45 AM
omg, rant, if either one of you has a sweet tooth, i can't recommend vegan treats highly enough! you may have read some of my posts about how mouth-watering, decadent, and absolutely heavenly their desserts are...and they have a wide selection! you may want to check out their website, if you haven't seen it: www.vegantreats.com (http://www.vegantreats.com)

however, the atmosphere there is NOT fancy at all...there's very little sitting room and it's definitely a laid-back, casual, afternoon-snack type of atmosphere. and they have no food besides desserts.

i've only been to bethlehem twice so far, so i'm not very familiar with places to eat there, especially fancy ones.

maybe you can call vegan treats and say that you're planning on stopping there for dessert, but you'd like to have a meal beforehand, and ask if they can recommend a place? they should be familiar with the local vegan options...

rantipole
May 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Pisces and Willow,

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I'll check those out. The bakery sounds like the perfect place to pick up a cupcake or something to take to the show (they allow you to bring in wine and snacks). I'll just make sure we go early enough to hit Balasia, then the bakery, then the show. I'll be a stuffed, drunk, happy vegan!

Cheers and thanks again,
rant

RedWellies
May 23rd, 2007, 05:29 PM
Sounds lovely, Rant. Hope you have a great time!

rantipole
May 23rd, 2007, 06:20 PM
The menu looks amazing! Check out the Mayan chocolate drink; I'm so trying that. I just booked our reservations. Pisces, thanks so much for this suggestion. Jim is going to have a great birthday.

Willow, the Balasia serves Vegan Treats desserts! I can definitely have both.

Wellies, thanks for the good wishes.

I'll try to remember to report back about the experience.

Cheers,
rant

Pisces
May 24th, 2007, 01:36 AM
You're very welcome, rantipole. :) I'm glad I could be of help. I wish you and Jim the best on his birthday. I'm sure he will love it. :)

DancingWillow
May 28th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Willow, the Balasia serves Vegan Treats desserts! I can definitely have both.

Oooh! That's exciting...now I can get a great vegan meal as well as dessert when I go to Bethlehem:) Please post what you think of the Balasia...

I hope both of you have a wonderful celebration of Jim's birthday! :)