PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetics and Body Care?

Poppet
Jun 10th, 2007, 11:14 AM

VanillaBean
Jun 11th, 2007, 04:16 PM
A good place to start even though it is in Australia) is the Cruelty Free Shop. www.crueltyfreeshop.com.au Also, www.vnv.org.au has a WEALTH of information. I would imagine that we get pretty similar products here and in New Zealand.

treehugga
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:31 PM
I think the natural New Zealand company 'Living Nature' could be a good place to start. Not sure whether they use honey. You'll need to check there site.

Poppet
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks, I will check those out.

Umbriel
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Did you you have much luck finding some Vegan Skin Care Products? I have been looking around for some New Zealand made products. I did use Living Nature, but they do use honey in a lot of there products.

Poppet
Sep 13th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Yeah I found a hippy-type store that has some good body and skincare necessities,
East West Organics, in Glen Eden (Unit G 273 West Coast Road).
And some products you do need to check carefully for honey and beeswax.
I ended up ordering make-up online from Australia though.

tipsy
Sep 13th, 2007, 06:24 AM
theres definatly lush in NZ

try them, theyre awesome! though not everything is vegan (but its labled on the website!)

lush.com

Umbriel
Sep 14th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I have e-mailed the makers of Trilogy. Not sure about their animal testing policy. I have used their rosehip oil. I did find this company http://www.justherbal.co.nz/naturalingredients.php. I have not tried any of their vegan products.

Poppet
Sep 14th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Umbriel
Oct 10th, 2007, 04:24 AM
I have the same problem poppet, but my hair is washed out black with blonde regrowth. I tried a black organic henna dye, but it didn't work to will. I noticed they have a yellow/blonde henna dye. Lemon juice works will, it gives hair natural light looking highlights.

Kitteh
Oct 26th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Innoxa has products suitable for vegans (email them for a list as a few contain lanolin) and they are avail. in Aust/NZ

www.innoxa.com (http://www.innoxa.com)

Living Nature isn't vegan I don't think (honey)

Go through the CCF listing and ring a few companies to see if they distribute to NZ.