PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Lunch Box

missbettie
Jun 21st, 2007, 05:29 PM
Hi all!

Does anyone have the laptop lunch box that the Vegan Lunchbox box/blog uses? Its a bento lunch box that has a bunch of compartments. I was just wondering what everyone thought about it because I was considering getting one for me and my boyfriend.

thecatspajamas1
Jun 21st, 2007, 05:59 PM
I have seen that before on the Vegan Lunchbox blog, and I want it too. I don't have it, but I have a bento box from a dollar store, so it is obviously not as nice, but convenient though, because you don't have to search for lids to tupperware.

missbettie
Jun 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM
they just look so cute and perfect!!! Ebay also has bento boxes, they have some really cute ones with little cows and monkeys and even some with Hello Kitty! I just think that it will really help especially my boyfriend with eating the right stuff and portions, hopefully I will be able to get him to stop eating FAST FOOD or fast junk what ever you want to call it! <3

fiamma
Jun 21st, 2007, 09:49 PM
Is this (http://www.lunchboxes.com/bento.html)it? Might fit your purposes...

missbettie
Jun 21st, 2007, 10:32 PM
ya thats it! I was just wondering what everyone thought about them. You for something considered "new aged" its kinda cheap.

pavotrouge
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I considered getting one but won't buy a Laptop Lunchbox for now since I neither have the time nor the appetite to fill it!
I've got some small Japanese bentos which are a lot cuter- and sometimes I can't even finish what I pack into them. I just can't eat when I'm under stress (don't have a lunch break at work).

I love your lunchbox link, fiamma! Do they ship to Europe?

This is where I get my bento (bought a green one and the cinamoroll one today!)- http://stores.ebay.com/The-Bento-Store !

Sandy777
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:24 AM
i've got one - and it's quite good in that it's kind of good fun working out how to fill it every day, and I made some nice lunches up. The bottle you can put a drink in leaked a bit though, and the tiny container for salad dressings had a slightly funny lid which was a little out of shape as if I had washed it in too hot water (but I hadn't) and the whole thing in its case was fairly heavy even when empty. But saying that I don't regret buying it, It's made fairly well and kind of encourages you in some strange way (wierd I know) to fill it full of brightly coloured chopped raw vegan things and wierdly things kind of taste nicer out of it *launches into psychological bullshit* There was some kind of childhood reminiscency thing with it like playing with a plastic tea set when you were little. Anyway, get one , - honest, I reckon you'll have fun with it. While I was using it I ate much better than when I wasn't , so there you go:)

bugaboo
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
I think the laptop lunchbox is a great invention for children. But to be honest, I don't have enough time to fill all those boxes. My lunches usually consist of leftovers from dinner the night before. I would get sad to see all the containers filled with the same meal. Much more dishwashing involved!

It is a beautiful idea! kinda expensive for a plastic set, though.

pavotrouge
Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
I finally gave in and bought a laptop lunchbox. For events/gigs/travelling, it holds twice as much as my usual bentos.

It's expensive, but I think it sort of pays for itself- buying packaged goods isn't any cheaper!

And if you plan a little, you can always fill it!

missbettie
Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:25 PM
I actually found a bento at my 99 cent store that works pretty well, the lid isn't as tight as I want it to be but hey you can't beat 99 cents. I am still itching for the laptop one though....but I want so much other things too!!! ARGH!!!!:D