PDA

View Full Version : Hawkfest

gogs67
Jun 27th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Apart from the torrential rain it was a great festival,small,toilets and showers cleaned every day,loads of vegan food right next to us and all right bands,deff go back next year if its on!
Special mention to P.A.I.N and AOS3 for two blistering sets!

Sluggie
Jun 28th, 2007, 12:20 AM
My brother went to the Hawkfest. He lives in Las Vegas but generally manages to come over every summer for whatever Hawkwind are upto. I might just tag along with him one of these years. Last time I saw them play live was 1981. :(

Herbidacious
Jun 28th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I might go next year. I have a DVD of Hawkwind's gig at the stonehenge festival in 1984, it's well worth getting hold of a copy. There was a good documentary about them on a few months ago on BBC4.

gogs67
Jun 28th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I'm not a huge Hawkwind fan if truth be told,a bit too 'hippy' for me,lol,but the whole set up was great,maybe 2 thousand folk there,not a hint of police or security the whole 3 days,none of the 'office weekend festival' goers that have taken over everywhere nowadays,the kind that buy a £20 tent for the weekend and just leave it behind because they can't be arsed carrying it home!:D