PDA

View Full Version : vegan ben and jerry's sandwhich

yum
Jul 9th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I just made a vegan ben and jerry's sandwhich. Anyone ever heard of those ben and jerry's sandwhiches? My boyfriend has three of them in the freezer and i fancied one..i;vwe been vegan for about 2 months and am finding now new ways making my fav foods vegan....sooooooooooooooooooo i got two vegan cookies from sainsburys from the 'free from' range and put loads of swedish glace choc ice cream in between the two biscuits. I was quite pleased with myself :p and it was lush!

I thought i would share that with you all and was also wondering if anyone else has done something similar where they veganised a brand food? I'm sure you have... i mean like something you thought you couldn't make vegan and did. I will post a pic up in a couple of days when i have another one :D

as you can see my diet is going really well tee hee!

yum
xxx

~*Sarah*~
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM
i was slightly confused when i read your post, but i get it now, and mmmm sounds like a great idea!!! i remember having one of those B&J sandwich thingies back when i was veggie and i loved it... i will definately be trying your cruelty-free version! :)

Guacamole Gal
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Checkout this website too guys, and prepare to salivate:D :

http://www.tofutti.com/

The Tofutti Cuties are the "ice-cream sandwich"..

Enjoy!!!!:)

Poison Ivy
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Mint Choc Chip Tofutti Cuties are just Mmmmmm-licious!!:D

~*Sarah*~
Aug 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM
are there many places that stock them in the uk? I've seen some Tofutti stuff in Holland&Barrett but it always seems really limited.

the cuties look bloody gorgeous!!!! :rolleyes:

Guacamole Gal
Aug 1st, 2007, 03:02 PM
I have to say the majority of tofutti stuff I've seen in the uk has been the savoury end of things (sour supreme, cheese-alternatives etc) which suits me fine as I'm WAAAAAAYYY more savoury-toothed than sweet, however, one thing I've never found as a Vegan yet, is mint-choc-chip ice-cream!! That was always my favourite flavour!!:eek::D

Actually no, I did get some homemade stuff from Pure Food and Wine (Raw Vegan restaurant in NYC), but I gotta say it tasted totally bizaare and not for me at all!:(:rolleyes:

Maybe we should all start badgering our local healthfood stores to get in the Cuties? Yeehah!!:)

Gorilla
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:01 PM
there's a shop in Brighton that sells a couple of flavours of the Tofutti Cuties, but they're not that great and hugely over-priced imo. i think yum's idea is better. ;)

Steph
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:10 AM
I love the Berry flavored Tofutti Cuties, they are so good for a quick ice-cream sandwich treat! What's even better, is now they are selling them at a large grocery chain "Giant Eagle" , whereas, just a year or so ago, I've only seen them at my local natural foods/health food store. So now, I go out of my way to pick them up at the large grocery chain, just to support them being there. (Hopefully they will stock the mint choc chip ones, I've never seen them yet in my area yet!)

Roxy
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:15 AM
We can't get the Berry ones here :( The mint ones are the best!!

bugaboo
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:20 AM
Ben from Ben & Jerry's ice cream brand underwent a quintuple heart bypass surgery at the age of 49.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Cohen_%28ice_cream%29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Cohen_%28ice_cream%29)

Give it up for dairy!! not.

yum
Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Cheers you guys. I am still partial to these ice cream sandwhiches which are ruining my diet- i have a weigh-in tomorrow at weight watchers...o-dear! I didn't like the toffuti ice cream. i thought it was abit icey and not creamy. but i love the swedish glace ones:D

~*Sarah*~
Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
oo yeah i got the raspberry ripple Swedish Glace one once and i ate nearly the whole tub... :eek::p YUMMMMMYYY! hehe :rolleyes: