PDA

View Full Version : Mixed health drinks

danaeonyx
Jul 12th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Hi, sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know any recipies for some healthy mix drinks?

I have a mixer at home and wanted to make some health drinks with useful vitamins and minerals in, but I'm not too fond of smoothies.

Thanks for any help!

twinkle
Jul 12th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Heh, if I make anything to drink using the blender it's either a "milkshake" or a "smoothie" to my mind, depending on if it's got ice-cream/soyamilk in or not :D

What is it you don't like about smoothies, and what kind of flavours do you enjoy? What sort of nutrients are you after getting?

danaeonyx
Jul 12th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I'm ok with milky drinks sometimes, but I prefer to have no soya milk/yoghurt/ice cream in the drinks. I was looking for a drink that has fruits in, maybe a vegetable, and something that has good nutrients in (dunno what, something you can get at a health food store?)

Anything to wake me up, or detox, or just general health :)

absentmindedfan
Jul 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM
The nutrients you can buy at health food stores are mostly expensive versions of the nutrients found in fruit and veg. Save yourself the money and journey and just blend whatever takes your fancy. Carrot, apple, orange and ginger? Mixed berries and banana? Orange, cranberry, blueberry and spinach?
Just blend it and drink it, try a few combos and see what you like.