PDA

View Full Version : Potato salad recipes please

bugaboo
Aug 4th, 2007, 04:27 AM
I would like all of your suggestions on a great creamy vegan potato salad. hopefully something good enough to take to the family's place during bbqs to show that vegans eat yummy food too.

foxytina_69
Aug 4th, 2007, 10:47 AM
oh have i got the recipe for you. lol. i use this all the time, and it tastes JUST like my moms classic potato salad recipe, that wasnt vegan. its delish. its definitely something you can bring to the bbq's.

potato salad:

-8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
-1 cup vegan mayo
-4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
-4 teaspoons sugar
-2 teaspoons onion, minced
-2 teaspoons mustard
-1 teaspoon vinegar
-1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
-salt and pepper to taste

boil potatoes until medium soft (prickable with a fork but not as soft as a baked potato) mix all other ingredients in bowl. put cooked potatoes into large bowl, mash them but leave it half chunky (or you can chop the potatoes and leave them chopped, however you like your potato salad. i like mine chunky but mashed) mix with mixed sauce. adding peas is a really yummy addition. i add about a cup of peas. mix it all together and let sit for a few hours in the fridge to let the flavours come out.

yum!

fiamma
Aug 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I just cook new potatoes till medium soft (like Tina describes above) and cube them, then I add chopped fresh tomato and chopped black olives, and dress with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper. You could add fresh basil and maybe some cubes of marinated tofu, mmm.

Tigerlily
Aug 4th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Just do a Google search for potato salad and replace the mayo with Vegenaise (or you fav vegan mayonnaise) and omit any hard boiled eggs. If the recipe calls for bacon or ham bits, just use veggie bacon/tempeh/etc.