PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had the Tofutti Rock 'n' Roll vienetta style chocolate cake thing?

Digital Ghost
Aug 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Just wondering.........
Has anyone had the Tofutti Rock 'n' Roll vienetta style chocolate cake thing?
Is it any good? Is it worth buying or is it a bit disappointing like the rock 'n' roll cones?

cobweb
Aug 8th, 2007, 09:48 AM
yes, personally i hated it, - very bland tasting - but my son and his omni friend liked it :).

Gorilla
Aug 8th, 2007, 10:29 AM
i thought it tasted just how i remember Vienetta, so if that's what you're after i'd recommend it. i haven't seen it in the shops for ages though.

daines
Sep 20th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I had it literally 20 minutes ago, and yeah I do grudgingly agree with cobweb. Grudgingly because I was so enthusiastic about it beforehand! The choccie fudge stuff is disappointing and the ice cream itself... is just stodgy and bland. I just reverted back to my good ole Swedish Glace vanilla, now that's got flavour!

Windfall
Sep 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Havent tried it yet but Tofutti stuff are hard to locate in belfast...Im addicted to swedish glace mocca though!

daines
Sep 20th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Well I wouldn't usually push my opinions on ice cream like that onto anybody as we all have different tastes and preferences, but stodgy and bland is never good, right? Very expensive too, eep.
Aaaaah and the coffee mocha ripple flavour, that is a gooood ice cream! :D

Mr Flibble
Sep 20th, 2007, 08:36 PM
It's ok once every few years, but I never get excited when i see it in a shop.

i thought it tasted just how i remember Vienetta, so if that's what you're after i'd recommend it. i haven't seen it in the shops for ages though.

I think you may be remembering something different (I remember it too, but not the name). Vienetta was/is lots of layers of chocolate with icecream.

Gorilla
Sep 20th, 2007, 09:05 PM
:confused: what are we talking about here then? are we talking about this?

http://www.veganbristol.makessense.co.uk/images/xKnzRa4C9j.jpg

i just Googled it because i got confused when people started talking about fudge. i've never ever seen that in any shops.

i thought it was the one that used to look like this:

http://short-stack.net/images/vienetta2.jpg

shows what i know!!!

Mr Flibble
Sep 20th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Here's a better shot of viennetta, showing the layers of solid chocolate sheet, which aren't in the toffutti thing:

http://www.algida.it/gelati/img/img_viennetta_vaniglia.jpg

The toffutti one is more just solid icecream underneath the toping bit.

There used to be several viennetta type things. There was one that was particularly good with little chocolate balls in. Can't remember any of the names thou

Noogle
Sep 21st, 2007, 10:04 AM
Havent tried it yet but Tofutti stuff are hard to locate in belfast...Im addicted to swedish glace mocca though!

Eatwell on Lisburn Road :cool:

talitha
Sep 21st, 2007, 12:39 PM
There used to be several viennetta type things. There was one that was particularly good with little chocolate balls in. Can't remember any of the names thou

I remember those - weren't they the round ones? There were two different flavours called Romanza and Romantica I think. I'd forgotten all about them - i used to love them but I guess we all learn :o