PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Drink For The First Time Today?

RedWellies
Aug 14th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I tried absinthe on Sunday. Strong but nice.

Melanie
Aug 15th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Didn't drink anything for the first time today, but i'd just like to say that Absinthe is my favourite drink and as such, you RedWellies, ROCK :D

RedWellies
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Thank you, Melanie.

Otter_
Aug 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM
It is still illegal to import Absinthe into the US :(

Beancakes
Aug 18th, 2007, 08:58 AM
It is still illegal to import Absinthe into the US :(

From Wikipedia :o

According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Customs_and_Border_Protection), "The importation of Absinthe and any other liquors or liqueurs that contain Artemisia absinthium is prohibited."

In Ontario i know its legal, at least certain types (10 mg/kg thujone). I have always wanted to try some but never see it at any bar and it is near $80 a bottle. :eek:

I tried a can of "new" pomegranate fruitopia today, didn't like it all that much tbh, 100% pure is where its at :cool:. Never been a fan of any fruitopia for that matter and i heard the company has used questionable marketing tacticts and has engaged in unethical behaviors in the past, perhaps someone can fill me in a bit more.

Cup'O'Tea
Aug 30th, 2007, 05:01 AM
My friends bought a bottle of absinthe when we were 16. I didn't try any then, but I've been warned to stay away from it, hah. I'll stick with my beer.

I tried a green apple slushie-type drink from a bubble tea place. It was alright, green apple is a good flavour, but I wish I'd been more adventurous and tried mango or cantoloupe.

Cup'O'Tea
Sep 8th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Yesterday I had a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. It was so good. I've had one before (years ago), but never the version with soymilk until yesterday.