1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
plain choc chipc

mix these dry ingredients together in large bowl

1 cup oil
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract

mix together in a jug and add to dry ingredients mix together well

pour into largish lined baking tin, bake for about 30/40mins on heat 165C (150C fan oven) cool for 15 mins if you can.......

very more-ish and folk a v.surpised when i tell them it is vegan!! :)

l337_v3g4n_1
Aug 21st, 2004, 02:14 PM
have to try this one... not very many things I can eat now that I'm vegan. with that I mean there aren't many desserts I can eat... sounds yummy, post more desserts! :D

Fruitbat
Aug 21st, 2004, 06:38 PM
Sounds nice!

Do you know wot i have always wanted to make? Soya mint chip "ice cream"... but the ice creammaker is at home where i cant get ingredients for it easilty and I have no "ice cream" recipes for vegans and I cant make things like that becos I jus cant put sugar and fat in things - thats y if i want a treat i buy it or eat out. If i bake at home its nice but not indulgent because i remove all fats and sugar (tho i use apple concentrate or banaana instead but not the same sweetness). They are really nice - to me - but most ppl would find them bland and chewy and a waste of time.

Veganmama
Aug 24th, 2004, 06:47 AM
how much sugar sub such as maple syrup or apple juice concentrate would i have to use instead of 2 cups sugar

cedarblue
Aug 24th, 2004, 12:14 PM
this cake doesnt need to be too sweet, actually i dont put a full 2 cups of sug in.
maybe start with 3/4 cup syrup/concentrate? what about using a natural brown sugar or dont you 'do' sugar? whatabout fruit sugar? i know that is naturally sweeter than cane sugar, 3/4 cup maybe?
i guess the only way is to try and see, use your intuition :)

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 24th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Don't foget to adjust the liquid when using a wet vs. a dry sweetener, kids :)

cedarblue
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:38 PM
i made this yesterday as the base for my birthday cake, it turned into a black forest gateau.

just bake the mix in two round tins. when cool make up some icing for the middle with marg, sugar ground fine, (or icing sugar if you want) cocoa and vanilla essence, then plonk some fresh or canned cheries in the middle onto top of icing, then plonk the top cake on.......... :p