PDA

View Full Version : SubWay

Pages : [1] 2 3

Artichoke47
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:18 PM
The only bread that is vegan from Subway is the Italian. I wouldn't waste your money there unless they have a great assortment of fresh vegetables. The ones here have only iceberg lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickles, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, onions, and maybe a few other things.

foxytina_69
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:51 PM
mmm subway is my absolute favorite fast food restaurant. heres a link to what is animal product free there:

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/menunutrition/nutrition/nutritionFAQs.aspx

my favorite sandwich is a veggie on italian w/ green peppers, olives, lettuce, onions, pickles, tomatoes and sweet onion sauce.

Roxy
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:20 PM
my favorite sandwich is a veggie on italian w/ green peppers, olives, lettuce, onions, pickles, tomatoes and sweet onion sauce.

Mine too!

JasperKat
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:18 AM
I thought the Italian dresing was vegan, too? Foxy, Roxy?
-JK

Roxy
Nov 5th, 2004, 05:48 AM
If you mean the Red Wine Vinigerette - it contains some milk derived ingredients. You can go HERE (http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNutrition/Nutrition/pdf/AllergenChart.pdf) to check.

assilembob
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:51 PM
I just looked at that chart and giggled a little...under Condiments/Dressings...they list diced eggs and under the allergy item they checked eggs...seems like a no brainer to me but I needed a giggle this early in the morning. Blech Fridays stink...

JasperKat
Nov 5th, 2004, 10:03 PM
If you mean the Red Wine Vinigerette - it contains some milk derived ingredients. You can go HERE (http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNutrition/Nutrition/pdf/AllergenChart.pdf) to check.

No, the Subways 'round here have a plain Italian dressing. Kind of oily. I hope it's veg, I eat there all the time.
-JK

blue
Nov 6th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Is the Italian Bread the plain white bread? When you get a Veggie, do you just pick whatever veggies you want?

foxytina_69
Nov 6th, 2004, 08:08 AM
i also have gotten the roasted garlic bread aswell. and yes the italian bread is the plain white bread. yep u just tell them whatever veggies u want, as theyre all displayed out for u to see.

we have italian dressing here too. thats wierd that the ingredients arent listed.

Roxy
Nov 6th, 2004, 08:10 AM
The Italian Bread is a plain white bread, but it should be labelled "Italian Bread". Make sure you specifically ask for that bread if you want it.

And yes, you can pick and choose what veggies you want on your sub. I often ask for just "a little bit of lettuce" because I find that if I don't, they pile way to much on and then I can't even fit the sub in my mouth lol.

One of the "sandwich artists" at the Subway next door to my work, told me that they put so much lettuce on veggie subs, because it is the vegetarian's equivalent to meat!!!??? :confused: Go figure lol.

blue
Nov 6th, 2004, 08:49 AM
I have a Subway right down the street from where I live. I love the vinegar and OIl. So, your telling me it's not Vegan? Whaaaa!

foxytina_69
Nov 6th, 2004, 08:50 AM
well what is the vinegar and oil?

blue
Nov 6th, 2004, 09:58 AM
I think they mean the red wine vinegerette Roxy posted about. You know they ask do you want salt pepper vinegar and oil at the end?

foxytina_69
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:29 PM
if they ask u if u want vinegar and oil then it wouldnt be the red wine vinegerette, thats a special dressing u have to ask for. but thats wierd. ive never had them ask me if i wanted vinegar and oil. maybe thats just in the US.

Roxy
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I've never been asked if I want oil and vinegar either. Just salt and pepper.

TheFirstBus
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Well the website says the sweet onion sauce has no animals ingrediant so that good.

foxytina_69
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:24 AM
the atkins honey mustard also has no animal ingredients.

John
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:38 AM
So it has no honey?

foxytina_69
Nov 7th, 2004, 01:08 AM
oh i didnt even think about that lol

i still eat honey but i didnt even think about most vegans not eating it. sorry!

blue
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:22 AM
The vinegar and oil they offer is two separate ingredients they shake on the sandwich. I'll have to try the onion sauce.

foxytina_69
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:47 AM
oh, the atkins sweet as honey mustard dressing doesnt have honey :)

heres the ingredients:

ATKINS SWEET AS HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING Expeller pressed soybean oil, water, cider vinegar, soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans and salt), Dijon mustard, salt, spices, horseradish, xanthan, garlic powder, lemon juice concentrate, tragacanth, vanilla extract, sucralose, spice extract.

and heres the link for the dressing ingredients. the italian does have dairy.

http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNutrition/Nutrition/frmUSIngredients.aspx

blue
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:58 AM
foxy does the wheat bother you?

foxytina_69
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:17 AM
yes. i dont eat anything with gluten normally, but a couple of times a year ill eat sumthing with it. like subway.

blue
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I guess if we are going to eat the bread, why worry about the sauce! LOL! It was a silly question.

ConsciousCuisine
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=foxytina_69]
ATKINS SWEET AS HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING Expeller pressed soybean oil, water, cider vinegar, soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans and salt), Dijon mustard, salt, spices, horseradish, xanthan, garlic powder, lemon juice concentrate, tragacanth, vanilla extract, sucralose, spice extract.

and heres the link for the dressing ingredients. the italian does have dairy.
QUOTE]

Foxy, Sucralose is eeeeeeevil.... :(