PDA

View Full Version : Pad Thai

Poison Ivy
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:52 PM
This is the recipe for Brooklyn Pad Thai from Vegan with a Vengeance, it's absolutely FANTASTIC!! (I hope there's no problem with posting the recipe from the cookbook, if there is then Mods please delete it)

1 lb rice noodles

Sauce

6 Tblsp Tamari
6 Tblsp Sugar
2 Tblsp Tomato Puree
2 Tblsp Chilli or Hot Sauce
3 Tblsp Rice Wine Vinegar
3 Tblsp Tamarind concentrate or Lime Juice

Pad Thai

6 Tblsp Groundnut Oil
1 lb Tofu, drained, pressed and cut into small triangles
1 medium red onion cut in half and thinly sliced
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 Tblsp finely chopped lemongrass
4 oz Beansprouts
8 Spring Onions sliced into 1 1/2 inch lengths
2 small red chillies chopped
2oz chopped roasted peanuts
4 Tblsp chopped fresh coriander
Lime wedges for serving

Prepare rice noodles as instructed on packet

Mix together the ingredients for the sauce

Preheat a large frying pan or wok. Pour 2 Tblsp of the oil into pan, heat and add tofu. Stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes until Tofu is crisp on the outside. Remove from pan and set aside.

Pour rest of oil into pan add red onion and stir fry for 30 seconds or so, add garlic and lemongrass and stir fry for a short time again. Add sauce. When it starts to bubble add noodles. Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly then add the tofu, bean sprouts, spring onions, chillies and nuts. Stir for a few more seconds to heat through. Transfer to plates and garnish with coriander and lime wedges.

This quantity is enough for 4 servings and it is recommended to cook in two batches so the noodles don't get too mushy.

cedarblue
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:54 PM
i think its ok to post from a book as long as you credit the book or you change the recipe slightly, although i could be wrong....

thanks again! :)

xrodolfox
Aug 28th, 2007, 08:59 PM
That pic you posted looked wonderful. I think we'll try that recipe! Thanks.

creativegan
Aug 29th, 2007, 03:11 AM
I'm so excited to try this. Pad Thai is one of my fav dishes.....