PDA

View Full Version : Blood Type (poll it please)

EcoTribalVegan
Aug 29th, 2007, 12:06 AM
I posted this poll in another animal rights forum. After a heated debate with my fiancee's family it prompted me to look into this blood type diet.

Here's a little blurb about the Blood-type diet:

Based on a theory that Blood Types evolved with the evolution of man from Hunter-Gatherer, to Farmer, to Merchant/ Trader/Nomad, and lastly to Industrial age modern man. Our blood types evolving with changing environment and diet.

The earliest blood type is 'O', which eats a lot of meat, berries etc and little grains (Hunter-Gatherer); a strong, assertive and instinctive type.

The Farmer blood type is 'A', which contrasts by being specifically vegetarian, lots of beans and vegetables and no meat; they are slightly nervous, with active minds.

The Nomad type is 'B', who eats a range of wild-type meats, dairy and eggs, but little farmed produce (beans etc); they are creative, emotional and flexible.

The newest type is 'AB', a quite versatile type who can eat a wider range of foods (a mix of A and B diets essentially), and is more spiritually-minded and adaptable.

Mods/Admin: Please make this a poll with all the blood types listed in the above blurb. No need for positive/negative. As far as I can discern it makes no difference according to this theory.

xrodolfox
Aug 29th, 2007, 01:39 AM
I'm AB. So is my wife. Both of us are vegans for over 12 years each (indepedently).

I think that the theories are interesting curiosities that may or may not be accurate... but I find them useless for my experience.

snivelingchild
Aug 29th, 2007, 06:59 AM
I have been told by two nutritionists that blood type O persons must eat meat to survive, but there is no evidence that actually supports blood type related eating. Blood type just describes the antibodies contained in your blood, and don't have much bearing on other medical aspecs of the body.

twinkle
Aug 29th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Chris - you can make your own poll, I don't think the mods normally do this for you though.

flutterby
Aug 29th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Chris, there is an existing poll about blood type already, http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2141 , and an existing thread about the blood type diet also, http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=977 ;)