PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Toffee Popcorn?

Windfall
Aug 30th, 2007, 08:32 PM
..does anyone know how to make this? :D

Glossgirl
Sep 1st, 2007, 07:57 PM
I have been thinking about asking the same question ...

Google is helped me to find a recipe, but I havent tried it so I cant help you ;)

Buddha Belly
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:14 PM
My girlfriend asked me if there was any toffee popcorn to buy, but i found this recipe instead. Yes I know this thread is a year old, but hey ho!

Sticky toffee popcorn:

1 liter (4 cups) popcorn (I make mine the old fashioned way, with oil in a big pot)
3 tbsps vegan margarine
3 tbsps brown sugar
2 tbsps golden syrup
Melt the margarine in a pan. Add sugar and syrup and stir together. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Pour the hot toffee over the popcorn, cover with a lid and shake like crazy. Stir through to make sure there’s toffee everywhere. Leave to cool and harden. Eat! Stuff yourself! Be happy and do the happy dance!

Mr Flibble
Nov 7th, 2008, 05:05 PM
There's an easily veganisable recipe in this book that I've tried:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Fine-Chocolates-Flavour-infused-Confections/dp/1845431944/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226077409&sr=8-4

that's at home where I am not, so I can't tell you it ;)

I think if memory serves that it has peanuts and stuff in it too and makes a big mass of it that you top with chocolate and cut into slices.

flying plum
Nov 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM
mr flibble - that sounds amazing :o but otherwise, how would you stop the individual corns sticking together?

amanda