PDA

View Full Version : Special Deals (UK), old thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

jimmeh
Mar 31st, 2009, 08:38 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it already but Morrisons have half price Cauldron Original Tofu at the moment for 54p a packet :) Ummm... I feel a tofu cheesecake on the weekend is called for.

Beat me to it! I just bought some. The good people of Glasgow didn't seem too keen on the offer - there were stacks and stacks in the Partick store. Oh well, more for me :thumbsup:

Ms_Derious
Mar 31st, 2009, 09:20 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it already but Morrisons have half price Cauldron Original Tofu at the moment for 54p a packet :) Ummm... I feel a tofu cheesecake on the weekend is called for.

Oooh, thanks. I think I'll stock up :)

Elahiya
Apr 15th, 2009, 02:31 PM
free simple stuff if you sign up with them:

http://www.simple.co.uk/SimplyVIP/

alisont
May 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hi

Have been sent this link - seems ok.

Its for a Bite card and you can use it at train stations for 20% off food and drink (still no doubt over priced)

http://www.bitecard.co.uk/ (http://www.bitecard.co.uk/)

I know it covers non vegan friendly outlets but it does cover Camden food co who usually have a lot of vegan options and nice soups. Be useful for 20% off teas and coffees as I find train station coffee outlets usually have soya milk.

Ms_Derious
May 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Its for a Bite card and you can use it at train stations for 20% off food and drink (still no doubt over priced)

You sometimes have to argue a bit with outlets to let you use the bite card... but I'd never had any mail/spam from them... frankly, since it's free it's worth it.

bradders
May 13th, 2009, 11:11 AM
upper crust and pumpkin never seem to under "under orders from head office" but ritazza always do and their tea is far superior anyway. The scariest if not funniest thing upper crust said once was that they are trying to promote healthy and wholesome produce and soya does not fit in because too unhealthy. Given the state of the food they sell I think that ship has long since sailed, noteven thinking about the dairy they sell.

I've just registered for a card now.

harpy
May 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I've signed up as well, thanks alisont. 20% of quite a lot is ... quite a lot :D

Bradders, am amazed to hear that UC believe themselves to be purveyors of health food!

bradders
May 13th, 2009, 11:23 AM
McDeath think they are as well though so I guess we shouldn't be too surprised by these things anymore.

harpy
May 13th, 2009, 11:43 AM
UC could do some non-soya vegan options anyway couldn't they. I feel an e-mail coming on.

bradders
May 13th, 2009, 12:27 PM
yep me too. It was the upper crust on the platform at London Bridge if you want that bit of info.
I doubt they could say that rice milk is particularly unhealthy.

harpy
May 13th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Oh, it was soya milk they didn't want to do, was it? I wrote to them suggesting they could do some vegan grub. I never think about soya milk because I don't take milk anyway :o

bradders
May 13th, 2009, 12:46 PM
sorry I should have been more clear. They don't do any vegan food anyway. It's pretty much all cheese or tuna or both.

Gorilla
May 13th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I doubt they could say that rice milk is particularly unhealthy.

perhaps not but rice milk in tea and coffee is absolutely disgusting. :p

bradders
May 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I can deal with it better than nothing in it at all. The very idea of drinking tea black.

harpy
May 13th, 2009, 01:15 PM
sorry I should have been more clear. They don't do any vegan food anyway. It's pretty much all cheese or tuna or both.

Yes, that was why I wrote really, because I often find myself staring hopefully at their counter when I'm marooned at some station and they never have anything, and of course everything is ready-made so they can't even make you a salad sandwich to order. (Grouse grouse.)

Tea is an invention of the devil, with or without additives.

bradders
May 13th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Yep that happens to me an awful lot. I often have to sustain myself on nothing more than a bag of plain crisps and if I'm lucky an apple too.
tea makes me happy and the tea I drink at home could keep me healthy for many years yet.

Simon
May 27th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I've just started a small PAT testing business, if anyone needs any PAT testing doing then i'm offering 20% off to vegans. To see if I cover your area click http://www.plugcheck.co.uk (http://www.plugcheck.co.uk/)

applepie
May 27th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Alpro yogurts (both 4-packs and the big pots) are 1 pound in Sainsbury's. Same for soya milk.

BlackCats
May 27th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Alpro yogurts (both 4-packs and the big pots) are 1 pound in Sainsbury's. Same for soya milk.

Thanks Applepie.:)

Ms_Derious
May 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM
From Sunday, Aldi's 49p deals will be

Cherry 250gms
Peaches x 5
Galia Melon
Plums 500gms
Pineapples
Kiwi fruit x6

See that... Cherrys
*Jumps round thread in very excited manner*
I love cherrys so very very much!

List taken from hotukdeals... don't blame me if it's wrong, I'll be too busy crying over the cherry thing to care ;)

Gorilla
May 29th, 2009, 03:44 PM
my local Co-op currently have doughnuts on special offer - 2 bags for £1 :)

Pob
May 29th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I'd struggle with that, as they don't keep well, so I'd have to eat them all in one go!

veganchef
May 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I'd struggle with that, as they don't keep well, so I'd have to eat them all in one go!

An excuse I've used many a time.:D

Risker
May 29th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Freeze them.

Ms_Derious
May 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Stale doughnuts = Baked dessert.

Mix up 1:1:1 Juice of choice, soy milk and yoghurt and pour over roughly torn up doughnuts. Bake at 175c for 30mins. Obviously, not so great in hot weather, but a good way of using them up if they get stale in winter.