PDA

View Full Version : Special Deals (UK), old thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29

Mr Flibble
Jul 26th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Amoy sensations stir fry sauces are also on offer till 4.8.09
Thai sweet chilli
Teriyaki toasted sesame seeds
Fragrant Thai green Curry

The latter (as with many thai currys) contains fish and shrimp:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Curry_Sauce_And_Paste/Amoy_Stir_Fry_Sensations_Fragrant_Thai_Green_Curry _150g.html

applepie
Jul 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
All Tilda rice sachets (the microwave ones) are all on offer for £1.00 each at Tesco. I have tried a few but not too happy about using my mico regularly so I have given these a skip this time. They are handy when you are rushing tho' or just really hungry!
At Sainsbury's as well.

jimmeh
Jul 26th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Morrison's still have their Grassington's spicy beanburgers for £1. The one in Partick also has Goodlife Mediterranean Bakes for £1

Oh, and there was absolutely no sign of any tofu on the shelves! I doubt it was that popular with the Glasgow masses

alisont
Jul 27th, 2009, 03:23 PM
The hair express hairdressers in Stourbridge (West Midlands) is closing down Fri so all Paul Mitchell products are reduced to £2 which is very good.

As far as I am aware Paul Mitchell ranges are vegan says on the bottles "does not conduct or endorse animal testing"

Staff say others are closing down across the country.

Lots of stock there.

scoultas
Jul 28th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Farmfoods have Grassington Soya Fillets in Tomato and Herb Marinade, Black Pepper Steak, and Meatballs all at 69p or 2 packs for a pounds at the moment - originally posted by someone on HotUKDeals, I've been to my nearest Farmfoods and stocked up my freezer!

Mr Flibble
Jul 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Sounds good. But is the saving adequate danger money for entering an establishment such as Farmfoods? ;)

*live*&*let*live
Jul 30th, 2009, 08:06 PM
But what do they taste like? It's no good them being even 10p if they are foul! ;)

wildcatstrike
Jul 31st, 2009, 04:55 PM
After reading about Farmfoods selling vegan stuff i dropped into a similar shop (Fulton Foods i think it's called?) yesterday, and they've got Linda McCartney cornish pasties 2 boxes for £1.50! Didn't have "vegan friendly" on the box like some of the other LM stuff but the ingredients and allery advice are animal-free.

Ms_Derious
Aug 1st, 2009, 06:45 PM
But what do they taste like? It's no good them being even 10p if they are foul! ;)

Did you like processed cheese before you became vegan? It's kinda like that. Hubby loves the stuff.... I can take or leave it.

*live*&*let*live
Aug 1st, 2009, 08:07 PM
Processed cheese seriously?! How random! Cheers for the heads up tho' Ms Derious! I was just asking 'cos of Mr F's comment about going in Farmfoods! I mean if they were wonderful I would!

There's nowt wrong with F'Foods I should know about before anyone comments on me supporting arms dealers or suppliers of heroin to children at the school gates?! :eek:

Ms_Derious
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:21 PM
Processed cheese seriously?! How random! Cheers for the heads up tho' Ms Derious! I was just asking 'cos of Mr F's comment about going in Farmfoods! I mean if they were wonderful I would!

There's nowt wrong with F'Foods I should know about before anyone comments on me supporting arms dealers or suppliers of heroin to children at the school gates?! :eek:

Sorry, I think I was getting mixed up with the pure cheese slices thread. Silly Ms_Derious.

The Grassingtons, I've only had the 'chicken' nuggets. They were okay in a 'very easy' way, but I can't say I really liked them. They were very bland... but I find most processed food is, so be honest.

herbwormwood
Aug 4th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Clipper tea sent me a pack of 10 free teabags today and a money off coupon for green tea. I am also in the race to win one of their hampers.
You too can participate if you sign up here
http://www.clipper-teas.com/
I think they do other non-tea goodies too.

jimmeh
Aug 4th, 2009, 05:34 PM
^ Clipper are brilliant cause delivery is free if you spend over £10

everdream
Aug 9th, 2009, 07:10 PM
In Morrison's, cauldron tofu is buy one get one free. They also do sage and onion slices by redwoods, which are on special offer at £1.00

beanstew
Aug 9th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Sainsbury's have "Original Source" products 2 for 1 or at least they did when I went in the other day.

bradders
Aug 9th, 2009, 07:45 PM
(plans trip tomorrow)

Pob
Aug 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Asda have the shower gels for a quid, so same difference.

Enchantress
Aug 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Lots of pound shops sell Original Source products too. I got a shower gel for 99p from one on Monday.

bradders
Aug 9th, 2009, 08:01 PM
(plans a trip to 99p store)

hiddenfromview
Aug 11th, 2009, 06:42 PM
In Morrison's, cauldron tofu is buy one get one free. They also do sage and onion slices by redwoods, which are on special offer at £1.00

I don't think that £1 is a promotional price - as theyre on offer atm for 75p a pack. I've never seen them for higher than a pound there..

jimmeh
Aug 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM

Blue moon
Aug 12th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Sainsburys have Pimms on offer, £11, for anyone who can stomache the stuff.

Morrissons have started stocking a new Redwoods kind of hot dog sausages! Woohoo! Bought loads in excitement, but haven't tried them yet.

Mr Flibble
Aug 12th, 2009, 01:10 PM
£11 is a good price, though it was £10 a couple of months back. We're on our third bottle.

I noticed the hot dogs, though in my local branch they're stocking them instead of the redwoods slices they used to do, which is less convient for making sandwiches.

Blue moon
Aug 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I noticed the hot dogs, though in my local branch they're stocking them instead of the redwoods slices they used to do, which is less convient for making sandwiches.

Damn, I thought it was a range increase and a minor victory!

hiddenfromview
Aug 12th, 2009, 02:12 PM
wow, how much are they Mr Fibble? H&B does then for £2.15 a pack... Though I do get a 25% staff discount. Having said that - even with my discount at H&B the Sage and Onion Slices still come to over a quid! So Morrisons is real cheaper... It just goes to show how much health stores rip you off... But then I guess supermarkets can buy them in large quantities...