PDA

View Full Version : Special Deals (UK), old thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Mr Flibble
Aug 13th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Original Source shower gel and bubble bath - £1.97 for 2 in Wilkinsons

Jamie
Nov 14th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I was in Lidls the other day (:rolleyes: stop laughing! yes I live in Essex), and found some 'soywell' brand soymilks, I think it was 59p and they had them in plain (not sure if it was sweetened) and chocolate. It says it is GMO-free too. I tried the chocolate one and it was yummy, a little like the taste of those alpro chocolate custard-desert pots, but in the consistancy of milk.

Anyway I thought it was nice, and I think 59p is cheaper than in the shops? :)

Edited to add: they are in the chiller!

Mr Flibble
Nov 14th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Lidl also have full santa suits this year for 1.99 (while stocks last). The question is whether the saving is sufficiant danger money for shopping there ;)

herbwormwood
Nov 14th, 2006, 04:38 PM
what's wrong with lidl? They do great deals on fruit juices and cheap fresh fruit and veg, we like them a lot. they also do some vegan booze, they sent me a list a while back but having no use for booze I did not keep it.

cedarblue
Nov 14th, 2006, 07:45 PM
i seem to remember that sainsburys have a bogof deal going on a bag of satsumas or clementines or something, for you juicy fruities out there...

herbwormwood
Nov 17th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I was in Lidls the other day (:rolleyes: stop laughing! yes I live in Essex), and found some 'soywell' brand soymilks, I think it was 59p and they had them in plain (not sure if it was sweetened) and chocolate. It says it is GMO-free too. I tried the chocolate one and it was yummy, a little like the taste of those alpro chocolate custard-desert pots, but in the consistancy of milk.

Anyway I thought it was nice, and I think 59p is cheaper than in the shops? :)

Edited to add: they are in the chiller!

Thanks, I have bought these today in Benwell Lidl.
The choco one is yummy like you say. The plain one is ok but a bit watery.
They both have added vitamins and minerals.

flutterby
Nov 19th, 2006, 10:42 AM
More posts about Lidl can now be found in http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12507 thread.

cedarblue
Dec 2nd, 2006, 05:02 PM
if you can wait till after christmas to buy some more lush goodies they always have an excellent sale going on. in jan just gone for every £15 you spend you got a free christmas collection box. i spent £30 and got two extra boxes which meant I actually got £90 worth of stuff for £30.

Jamie
Dec 4th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I think the deal is that you get anything you like free with each £15, except standard box sets (xmas boxes can be for free), so if you got one of the boxes you were really lucky as I think most places had sold out already! :) I went along really early to que outside of Romford Lush for the last one, didn't need to as no-one else came until about 15 mins before opening! So we just had to wait in the cold and show for over an hour AND I slipped on a patch of ice walking there and badly banged my head. I did get a couple of the expensive face creams though. I meant to ebay at least one and never did, in the end threw them away because they weren't being used for months and months!

Anyway back to baragins - someone mentioned this on the xmas thread but you can get vegan xmas puddings in the poundstore again this year. They are the same sort as Dr Hadwen sells, although the wrapper is red instead of gold. They say suitable for vegans on them, and are in date. I think the brand is Mathew Walker.

Also sainsbury's basics xmas pud and mince pies are both vegan and cheap. Not as pretty though! But cheap!! :D

herbwormwood
Dec 4th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Alpro have a breakfast pack freebie offer on their website at the moment.

cedarblue
Dec 4th, 2006, 08:05 PM
jamie, it was the christmas boxes that i got. i went to the cambridges shop and they had loads of christmas box stuff left.

Risker
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:48 PM
5 Rechargable AA or AAA batteries for $5 delivered - http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/hou/HE1009.htm

all are Ni-MH, AAA's are 1000 mAh, AA's are 2500mAh (That's good for those who don't know)

harpy
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Two one-litre (I think) cartons of Oatly organic oat milk for £2 in Waitrose (forgot to note the normal price though :o).

I haven't had this for ages but I bought a couple as a change from soy milk. It's quite good in soups etc I seem to remember.

auntierozzi
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I like oat milk in tea if I am going through a tea phase. What do you think is the best non-sweetened soya milk? I have never found one that wasn't a little bit sweet.

twinkle
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Sainsbury's (well the Leicester Fosse Park branch, at least) is doing half price Taste the Difference Cava, which is labelled vegan. Was £9.99, now £4.99, so I thought I may as well get two :D

They also have 20% off 4 taste the difference 4-packs of beers (a wheat beer, an oktoberfest style, and 2 types of lager), and they're all labelled vegan too :)

Gorilla
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM
thanks twinkle i'll have to see if they're doing those here too :)

vegcurry
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:32 AM
It's the same offer in Sainsburys in Truro, so I guess a national offer. I got a few bottles y'day ... and it's very nice :)

gertvegan
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't usually recommend Holland and Barrett for various reasons, but they have a select any three items and get the lowest priced free deal on everything until April 26th.

cedarblue
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
i've been buying frozen red fruit selection for my smoothie breakfasts and sainburys have a deal on now, one bag for £1.50 or two bags for £2.00.

i bought forest fruits and summer fruits but there are about 4 choices to select from...

absentmindedfan
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Not really a special deal per se but with the pound currently worth around $2 it's really worth buying vegan clothes and footwear online from US suppliers. Essentially everything is half price :D

e.g I'm pricing up some shoes and I could buy 4 pairs (one of which is $99) plus postage for $208, that's £104

Get shopping!

Cattmogg
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM
i've been buying frozen red fruit selection for my smoothie breakfasts and sainburys have a deal on now, one bag for £1.50 or two bags for £2.00.

i bought forest fruits and summer fruits but there are about 4 choices to select from...

Deal, Im there. :D

Simon
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:52 PM
This E-voucher will get you £10 off £50 off an online Asda shop - M3-TF-EW-L2 it's valid until the 8th May

Kevster
Apr 28th, 2007, 09:02 AM
The Animal Aid Spring sale ends on Monday, there's a few bargains here:

http://www.animalaidshop.org.uk/specials.htm

alisont
Apr 29th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Thanks for that, spotted some nice choc peppermint truffles there and some of my fave vegan musk perfume:D all reduced!

macbeth
May 5th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I am loving the Animal Aid sale :D

I just ordered: a big box of Booja Booja hazelnut truffles, 2 bars of Organica hazelnut choc (40p each!), 2 bars of Cocoa Tree orange choc, some coconut ice, a yaoh bar, and chocolate coated apple rings.

Total cost: £8.20, saving £19. Not bad!