PDA

View Full Version : Vegan desserts, sweets, cakes & cookies

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Plunder Bunnie
Jul 24th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Ha, maybe. i dont make them alot tho, and i always make them when i know freinds are coming over because they like to steal my food. Plus, yes, i do have brothers who gobble them all up! images/icons/icon10.gif

christie corner
Jul 25th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Hi there,
first let me introduce myself;I'm a spanish girl born and raised in Germany and I've been a vegan now for about 3 years. You people overseas (especially the u.s. )are so lucky! There's so much yummy vegan stuff in the shops ....it's incredible (I've been to New York once and I couldn't believe my eyes!

You should see what shops looks like in Germany....time to weep!

Anyways, does anybody of you know a nice little recipe for "oreos" (newman's are of corse not available here) or milky way?

You would make a little sweettooth in good old Germany very happy!

Cumin
Jun 26th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I'm not a very good cook when it comes to sweets, cakes etc, so I've been working on an EASY recipe for a healthy snack bar. I'm very pleased with my latest effort so here it is.
http://www.imageip.com/homepages/vblog/vpics/DateCake1.jpg
You need a food mixer (with blade), a flat baking dish (approx 8 inch), baking parchment and a hot oven. Plus:

Approx 8 medijool dates (remove the stones and cut in half)
1 Apple (cut into large pieces)
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 cup porridge oats
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 tsp ground cinamon
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp thick vegan spread ( I use Pure Organic)
Cold water (approx 100ml)
Demerara sugar (for sprinkling on top)

Put all the ingredient except the oats into the mixer and chop until all nicely mixed. You may need to stop it and scrape from the sides occasionally. Do not chop/mix more than necessary as this will make the mixture too smooth. *It will be very thick and sticky at this point*
Then add the oats and briefly mix together so as not to overchop the oats
Then slowly mix whilst dribbling the water. Just enough until you have a thick cake-mix consistency.
Line the dish with baking parchment and spoon the mixture in. Spread it out to form a layer which should be about 2cm thick.
Sprinkle a thin coating of demerara sugar over the top.

Bake in oven at 180 / 200 degrees for approx 15 mins or until golden brown. Try not to burn it (like I did).

Cut into sections and cool on a mesh tray for 1 hour then store in an airtight tin.