PDA

View Full Version : The Lemonade Diet

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

missbettie
Sep 6th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Has anyone ever tried it? It is also called the Master Cleanse.

What it is, is you drink the Lemonade which is a mixture of fresh lemon cayenne pepper and maple syrup. Anyways you drink this mixture for about 10 days along with an herbal tea laxitive or a salt solution (The laxtive tea or salt solution you only drink once a morning and then again in the evening). You don't eat at all or put anything else weird in your body such as smoking or liquor but you can drink more water.

What it is supposed to do is cleanse your body of all toxins, and I guess some people lose a little weight too. You would proably get more information searching on the internet yourself by just searching for the Lemonade diet.

ANYWAYSSS the point of this thread was I wanted to know if anyone has tried it or what they think about it cause I want to try it...I just have to wait untill a certain time of the month is over....hehe

Let me kno!

Risker
Sep 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I haven't tried it but it sounds like an incredibly bad idea to me, very unhealthy.

Pisces
Sep 6th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I agree with Risker. It sounds deficient of many essential nutrients and also like another fad.

Windfall
Sep 6th, 2007, 11:53 PM
wasnt that the diet Beyonce used to get in shape for Dreamgirls?
I remember reading aout it. But seriously, sounds bad, even if you look good on the outside, think about your blood, bones and all the nutrients you will miss out on - get that gym card instead lol

missbettie
Sep 6th, 2007, 11:56 PM
you know I thought that at first too and I don't think that I would do the salt water flush, but after researching it more and more it doesn't seem like it would be that bad. Especially after constantly hearing the benefits of fasting and such. There are also tons of blogs and things out there with people expierences and they say that it helps make them feel better and fix a lot of common illinesses.

I don't know...It was just a thought...

missbettie
Sep 6th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I wasn't planing on doing it to lose weight cause I am fine at the weight that I am at, and besides once you get off it you gain most of the weight back, I was thinking about it because of the benefits.

Windfall
Sep 6th, 2007, 11:59 PM
do you have any links at all, im intrigued! lol

missbettie
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:06 AM
http://www.lifetrainingonline.com/blog/lemonade-diet-recipe.htm This is one that a girl wrote it speaks of the positives and negatives (I wouldn't want to give one that is biased!) Here is one that is off a raw food site http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm I still think I will try it but now you guys got me worried.

Risker
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Can I add the wikipedia article on it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Cleanse

I find the mention of a placebo effect particularly interesting as I think people are particularly prone to placebo effect with regards to diet. I often see posts on here from people mentioning changes to do with becoming vegan that I often put down to placebo.

Windfall
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:22 AM
im curious now too

missbettie
I do agree with you risker, I didn't think about that. I didn''t feel any different when I switched to Veganism....

foxytina_69
missbettie, i am an avid believer in the benefits of fasting. i do it often whenever i get sick with something and i heal in days rather than weeks. its natural to fast. for example, look at all the animals who naturally stop eating whilst sick.

i dont think its bad for you, or you miss out on nutrients etc, as youre only doing it for a short period of time. its natural to fast, and its always very spiritual for me also. fasting is a huge part of my life, i do it at least once a month or two months. as long as i pay attention to my eating habits whilst not fasting, im fine the rest of the time. its very cleansing for your body AND mind and it also helps people who have bad eating habits (it helps you to go back to healthy eating, it sort of retrains your thoughts on food and what you want to eat)

ive definitely done a lot of research on the master cleanse, and while i believe many people have benefited from it, i am curious as to wether it is the laxative and liver cleansing properties of the salt water and lemon juice, rather than the maple syrup. i dont think maple syrup in this quantity is good for you, and i think its bad for your blood sugar level, and youre consuming about 1600 calories a day in just sugar from the master cleanse. i prefer a lighter cleaner cleanse where my body really is rid of impurities, such as sugar. i usually use good quality juices that have lots of vitamins/minerals, and lots of herbal teas (caffeine free obviously) and lots of lemon water (water with lemon juice added)

i always feel 100% after a cleanse. if i didnt do fasts, i would be a helluva lot sicker than i already am. it really helps my health.

missbettie
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:24 AM
I think I will try it Windfall I think it might help me restart with eating better...

foxytina_69
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:26 AM
you will notice an intense radiance in yourself whilst and after fasting. your skin and hair and everything just glows. its a really good time for deep meditaton and learning, as the buddha. when your body is free of food and other things, it feels like your natural serenity levels are intensely spiked, and you become very quiet and spiritual. its great.

missbettie
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:32 AM
thanks Tina! I think I am going to try it. I havn't really heard to much about it that makes me not want to do it. People just seem so happy when they do it!

Risker
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I really don't agree foxytina, not eating because you are ill and unable to is not the same as not eating when you are active and need the calories and vitamins to continue your normal life.

Like I said before, I think some people do have positive experiences from such diets, however, I put this down to placebo.

foxytina_69
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:43 AM
risker, thats okay. people dont have to agree with me but they would if they tried it for a long enough period of time to reap the benefits :D

tipsy
Sep 7th, 2007, 02:21 AM
i did it for fourteen days this spring!

it was great! i never felt hungry, tired, or lacking in anything!

although at day twelve i started to gag at the taste of maple syrup and cayenne... :P

but i stuck it out till i was good and detoxed!

oh, and i did it with half maple syrup and half blackstrap molasses...

tipsy
Sep 7th, 2007, 02:30 AM
oh, and i didnt loose much weight at all! (not that that was what i was aiming for)

maybe five pounds. thats it!

my freind is coming back from thailand soon and shes going to be starting it again, and i told her id join her, so if you'd like to do it with us, miss bettie, its better when theres moral support!

snivelingchild
Sep 7th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Actually it's very healthy. The Grade B maple syrup provides most of your nutrients. My manager does it 2-3 times a year.

It is not a diet, IT IS A FAST.

I've had to become a freakin' expert on it as I work in a health food store. :P

snivelingchild
Sep 7th, 2007, 04:30 AM
ive definitely done a lot of research on the master cleanse, and while i believe many people have benefited from it, i am curious as to wether it is the laxative and liver cleansing properties of the salt water and lemon juice, rather than the maple syrup. i dont think maple syrup in this quantity is good for you, and i think its bad for your blood sugar level, and youre consuming about 1600 calories a day in just sugar from the master cleanse.

Grade B maple syrup is more like molasses. It is full of decent amounts of almost every vitamin and mineral you need daily, that's why it's used as nutritional support. The lemon and cayenne pepper simply keep the metabolism and digestive processes going so your body can clean itself out. None of the ingredients have any detox properties, it's just the fast that does it. It's just a more supportive way rather than just a water or juice fast, so you can stay on it longer.

tipsy
Sep 7th, 2007, 04:39 AM
i agree with snivelingchild as she said above

plus, the drink is drank over the course of the whole day.

it keeps your bloodsugar at a constant.

i did a 25 mile bike ride on the eighth day of my last cleanse... ( i know, probably not the most brilliant idea) but was incredibly surprized at my energy and stamina.

i never once felt a sugar rush or low from drinking it.

snivelingchild
Sep 7th, 2007, 04:46 AM
i did a 25 mile bike ride on the eighth day of my last cleanse

Wow, you're my hero. I'm too chicken to do a real cleanse, so this week I'm doing a baby cleanse with concentrated greens supplement and fruit and veggie juices. I didn't want to risk losing energy when I'm just starting up a rough physical schedule.

tipsy
Sep 7th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Wow, you're my hero. I'm too chicken to do a real cleanse, so this week I'm doing a baby cleanse with concentrated greens supplement and fruit and veggie juices. I didn't want to risk losing energy when I'm just starting up a rough physical schedule.

:p

the wierdest thing about cleansing like this is that you want to chew things.

i wasnt hungry, so i didnt want to eat, but i had a very strange desire just to put things in my mouth and chew.

Roxy
Sep 7th, 2007, 05:11 AM
my freind is coming back from thailand soon and shes going to be starting it again, and i told her id join her, so if you'd like to do it with us, miss bettie, its better when theres moral support!

Crazy Californians :rolleyes::D

I'd like to try a fast but I simply don't think I'd have the will power. :o