PDA

View Full Version : Favourite make-shift dessert!

Pages : [1] 2

daines
Sep 22nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Okay, so no fancy pants tarte tatins, or fine dining favourites! Just quick and yummy sweet combinations! :D I'm quite hungry now, which is fairly obviously by the subject of the thread. I just threw together a Lyons mince pie (vegan-friendly baby! damn you somerfield!) and some mocha ripple swedish glace, and oh my lordy, I have never created something so wonderful with my bare hands! Cor, next time, I may even think about heating up the mince pie! And crushing it a little, with some nuts, perhaps walnut...
Anyway, all ideas and creations welcome! Nothing is taboo :D

It's just that sometimes, you see, wonderful things are created on a whim and it's nice to share!

twinkle
Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
Alpro custard, cocoa powder, rum and cornflakes. Gorgeous.

Mr Flibble
Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
Dare I ask the ratios in which one would combine these items, and whether the rum is light or dark? I think we have all of the above

BlackCats
Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:44 PM
I have just ordered soya cream with my shopping - does anyone have any good ideas of what I can eat with it?:confused:

Cherry
Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
Melted chocolate - stir it in and put it in the fridge for mousse type stuff. Can add a bit of booze too.

BlackCats
Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
That sounds lovely:)

emmapresley
Sep 22nd, 2007, 10:55 PM
halva and a teaspoon. instantaneous joy.

Mystic
Sep 22nd, 2007, 10:55 PM
When I am craving something sweet, I just eat dates. To me they are not fruit. They are gooeey caramel balls.

emmapresley
Sep 22nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
^ especially with a blob of nut butter inside :)

Mystic
Sep 22nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
Oh and when i have it (which is hardly ever), i fill the dates with macadamia butter. They end up being gooey balls of love.

daines
Sep 23rd, 2007, 09:58 AM
Any dried fruit is, to me, pure love and sugar and goo :D Cooor, especially laaarge chunks of chrystallized pineapple.

daines
Sep 23rd, 2007, 10:02 AM
Might try some of those dates with the macadamia butter!

furrytips
Sep 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Good old fashioned chocolate cornflake cakes, made with golden syrup and cocoa powder, mmmmmmmmmmm
Hey, its just occurred to me, is golden syrup vegan? And what about cornflakes?
Could someone tell me if they are or not

Cherry
Sep 23rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
It depends what sort of cornflakes you get. You have to watch out for vitamin D in cereal as some is vegan and some definitely isn't. I think it's D2 that's bad and D3 that's ok.

I've just eaten 9 chocolate crispy cakes made with just melted dark chocolate and rice crispies. :o

foxytina_69
Sep 23rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
cherry i think its time all us vfers got together in the uk and had you cook for all of us :D:D:D hahaha!

one of my fave desserts is banana "ice cream". whenever you have brown bananas, throw them in the freezer. take them out (2 or 3) and blend them in a food processor until creamy and blended. its just like ice cream and you can put anything on it, fruit, chocolate sauce, nuts...mmm. its delicious AND good for you.

piggy
Sep 23rd, 2007, 08:46 PM
Melted chocolate - stir it in and put it in the fridge for mousse type stuff. Can add a bit of booze too.

oh...i do that too...add some soy cream/milk

for the booze i've done it with rum...yum!

another thing with melted choc/ chocolate spread...pour it over a ripe banana:p

Cherry
Sep 23rd, 2007, 09:36 PM
cherry i think its time all us vfers got together in the uk and had you cook for all of us :D:D hahaha!

:D No thanks :p I think Cumin's better at cooking for crowds, anyway!

furrytips
Sep 23rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks Cherry, i will check the vitamin D content of cereals from now on

foxytina_69
Sep 24th, 2007, 12:19 AM
steev just made some banana "ice cream" with some strawberries thrown in to make it strawberry ice cream, and some chocolate cookies. yummm. its amazing what you can do with things you find in the freezer lol.

Windfall
Sep 24th, 2007, 12:33 AM
gah how about throwing mocca or chocolate swedish glace in the blender with soymilk and cookies? Grrr

foxytina_69
Sep 24th, 2007, 12:49 AM
i always hear people on here saying swedish glace. what is that? is that what you call ice cream?

if it is, we do that! we make vegan blizzards. i dont know if anyone here will know what im talking about, but a blizzard is a dairy ice cream treat that is smooth and blended with things, like candies or different cookies, etc. and it comes from dairy queen. but we make vegan ones. like the oreo blizzard, we make that with vanilla soy ice cream, soy milk and oreo cookies all blended up. its delicious!

foxytina_69
Sep 24th, 2007, 03:54 AM
steev made another dessert. he loves his sweets.

he made defrosted frozen strawberries mixed with a little sugar, and drizzled with homemade chocolate sauce/icing. mmm yum.

daines
Sep 24th, 2007, 08:10 AM
i always hear people on here saying swedish glace. what is that? is that what you call ice cream?

Swedish Glace is just a super popular brand of ice cream here :D
http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/detail/330033b.jpg

Pob
Sep 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
It depends what sort of cornflakes you get. You have to watch out for vitamin D in cereal as some is vegan and some definitely isn't. I think it's D2 that's bad and D3 that's ok. It's the other way around! D3 is derived from wool.

twinkle
Sep 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Dare I ask the ratios in which one would combine these items, and whether the rum is light or dark? I think we have all of the above

I used light but I think dark would work just as well.

Ratios. Hmm. 1/3-1/2 a carton of custard (around 200-250ml?), about a tablespoon cocoa powder. A shot of rum, and a good handful of cornflakes. Sorry I can't be more precise.