PDA

View Full Version : tofu recall

bugaboo
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:47 AM
There is a local tofu recall from a South San Francisco company called Quong Hop. The tofu may be contaminated with listeria. People who have compromised immune systems may not want to buy or eat products from this company until the issue is resolved.

Here's a link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20904270/

I have never seen these products in my store, but, maybe you have. If you have, contact the company with the phone number in the link or take the tofu back to the store you bought it from and ask for a refund.

creativegan
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the the head's up! I've never seen that brand but it's good to keep an eye out for it.

bugaboo
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:55 AM
sometimes the tofu goes under the name "soy deli" too. so be cautious and check the details in the link in the first post. apparently, the products are only sold in the Midwest and the West Coast regions.

horselesspaul
Sep 25th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Not a new Arnie film then?

BlackCats
Sep 25th, 2007, 11:35 AM
:D

bryzee86
Sep 25th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Not a new Arnie film then?

hahaha that's exactly what I thought when I saw the new post heading.

horselesspaul
Sep 25th, 2007, 12:41 PM
The film is set in the year 2007. Douglas Quaid (Schwarzenegger) is a Wholefoods Market worker who has been experiencing dreams about exploring the planet Vega with a sexy brunette. After seeing an ad from Rekall, a company that sells imaginary adventures by implanting soya beans, he decides to buy a “vacation” on Vega from them, one in which he will take a vacation from himself by becoming animal free. Rekall calls it an “ego trip.” Before buying the vacation, Quaid is cautioned by a co-worker that Rekall are “veganizing people”, in reference to failed memory implants which caused the recipients to suffer permanent omni damage. Quaid disregards this warning.
After the procedure starts, Quaid has some White Wave Soya Milk and tries to break free, yelling incoherently about people who are coming to kill all the cows. At first, it seems as though he was merely acting out the "vegan" portion of the memory implant; however, when it's confirmed that they hadn't implanted that memory yet, the doctors at Rekall realize that someone else had previously erased his memory.. After narrowly subduing him, Quaid is returned home with no memories of ever going to Rekall, but then he is attacked by his friends and even his wife, Lori. She tells him that everything he remembers, including their love of Gordon Ramsay, is false—only implanted memories. While evading his assailants, he receives a felafel from someone claiming to be a former friend of his who had been asked to deliver a briefcase if he ever disappeared. The briefcase contains Clive's Pies, money, Tofutti, and a computer. Thanks to a forum PM he left to himself beforehand, Quaid starts piecing together his past on Vega as a vegan. Pursued by Ramen, a man working for Vega's administrator, Vitasoy Cohlrabi, Quaid travels to Vega to discover the truth.

Scene.

BlackCats
Sep 25th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Well done!:p

Gorilla
Sep 25th, 2007, 01:34 PM
lol very funny Paul. :D

creativegan
Sep 25th, 2007, 02:32 PM
LOL that's great.