PDA

View Full Version : Why do i feel smaller if i havent lost any weight?

foxytina_69
Sep 25th, 2007, 11:11 AM
lots of different areas on my body feel a lot smaller and ive lost 3 inches around my stomach area (i dont know about the other areas because i didnt measure them) from not being able to eat very much lately. i cant exercise so its not from exercise.

i just dont know why i havent lost any weight if my body is smaller. maybe its the water retention? (i do have bad water retention problems)

HappyVegan
Sep 25th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Water does weigh a lot, that's why most people lose so much weight during the first 2 weeks of a diet. People have been know to lose 8-10 lbs of water weight within a week.

missbettie
Sep 25th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I was always told to measure yourself more often than you weigh yourself because sometimes you lose inches rather than pounds, I am not sure why though.

foxytina_69
Sep 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM
i think i just need to get my diuretics upped. im currently retaining ten pounds of water. i just lost 8 pounds of water, still another ten to go. sigh.

Agatha
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:14 PM
muscle weighs more than fat. if you have had an increase of exercise you might find you first lose fat and weigh less then put a bit of weight back on as you gain more muscle but the overall inch loss remains the same.

foxytina_69
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:19 PM
yeah i knew that people would say that, thats why i said i dont exercise. because i know its not that because i cant exercise.

Agatha
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:20 PM
erm have you increased your protein or B vitamin intake (healthier muscle) otherwise i'm flummoxed

foxytina_69
Sep 28th, 2007, 07:32 AM
yes i have increased my protein. i had a protein deficiency. and had muscle wasting. but i can feel it seems to be growing back or something.

foxytina_69
Oct 1st, 2007, 05:42 AM
omg ive finally figured this out. i guess i had A LOT of muscle wasting, because the weight gain ISNT water OR fat, its MUSCLE!!! thats why my measurements are smaller than theyve ever been, but i weigh 10 pounds more! i cant believe this. i gained that much in muscle? holy crap.

now ive got to get my my metabolism up by eating more and healthy and ill lose weight proper!