PDA

View Full Version : Millionaires shortbread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Cherry
Oct 29th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Millionaire's Shortbread (http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/getrecipe.php?section=biscuits&recipe=millionaire_shortbread)

pusskins
Oct 29th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Millionaire's Shortbread (http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/getrecipe.php?section=biscuits&recipe=millionaire_shortbread)

:D :D :D Yay! Thank you! :thumbsup: :heart:

twinkle
Oct 29th, 2008, 01:54 PM

FANTASTIC!

"quantity: never enough" :D :D

flying plum
Oct 29th, 2008, 02:14 PM
*drools*

Gorilla
Oct 29th, 2008, 02:30 PM
well done Cherry :)

MarkAnthony
Oct 29th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Wait a minute Cherry, you live near Penrith...?

Can I come and be your taste guinea pig after a day's glorious hiking? :D

Cherry
Oct 29th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks Gorilla :)

Yeh, just a small flaw in that plan, MarkAnthony, which is that when I say 'very far South of Penrith' I mean even further South than you are :) I used to live about 8 miles west, now I live about 200 miles South :D I visit often though. Hey, we could organise a Vegan Forum fell walking expedition sometime! I'll bring the shortbread.

sandra
Oct 29th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks Cherry, I'll have to make that it looks delicious!

(Do you have any good recipes for vegan 'cheese' cake? :)

Cherry
Oct 29th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Just the chocolate one that's on my website, but there's a cheesecake thread on here.

piggy
Nov 1st, 2008, 12:14 PM
i have to try this!!! i think i'll do it today! it looks awesome!

Pearl
Nov 1st, 2008, 02:36 PM
Cherry! by whipping cream do you mean the soya cream in the carton? Is that whipping cream? The only other stuff I know is the squirty cream in the can.

bryzee86
Nov 1st, 2008, 10:41 PM
Pearl: I think she means her best friend - the soyatoo cream in a carton :D

piggy
Nov 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
well, i tried it, and it's awesome...the only thing bothering me a bit is the consistency of the caramel. i think i might need to add more cream/marge to it next time, as it turned out extremely sticky, ahrd and chewy, basically like toffee. i tried testing with the cup of water, but i'm note sure i perfectly understood how the test works.
anyway, Cherry, could you confirm that to make the caramel less toffee-likem, one would need to add more cream/marge to the sugar?
also, could it have something to do with the fact that i put it in the fridge to make the choc set faster? :D

piggy
Nov 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
actually, i think i may have misunderstood the amount of cream needed: is 3 tbsp the same as 130ml of cream?
i just used 3 spoons...

Risker
Nov 2nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Google says a tablesppon is 17.7ml but I think more commonly it's 15ml. so 130ml would be about 8 tablespoons

Pearl
Nov 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM

Ok. Thank you:bigsmile:

piggy
Nov 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Google says a tablesppon is 17.7ml but I think more commonly it's 15ml. so 130ml would be about 8 tablespoons

thanks, i rather thought 130ml wasn't the same as 3 tbsps, i guess i could'be checked.

anyway, i'm not sure how to interpret this part of the recipe:

About 3 tbsp soya whipping cream (Almost half a carton - about 130ml)

is one carton=130ml?
or is half a carton=130ml?
in either case, neither 130ml nor 65ml is the same as 3 tbsp...

bryzee86
Nov 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
I reckon cherry just got it wrong when typing up. she probably means the latter - half of a 250ml carton, or approx 130ml.

ETA: don't take my word for it though, folks! Wait for cherry to confirm.

Cherry
Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
Sorry - was away. Urm, my tablespoons are obviously just extremely generous ones! I mean aprox half carton. Thanks Bry, you understand my bumblings :D

bryzee86
Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:39 PM
I've been using your site for 3 years now, so if I'm not used to talkings of a mentalist, I never will be!

piggy
Nov 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Ok, thank you all, I had figuredout by now thaat I put in too little cream. Fact is, I don't get soyatoo over here, so I had no idea how much a caarton of it contains.
anyway, i'm gonna make it again this weekend.
By the way, the toffee-like texture didn't stop it all from being eaten within 2 days (most of it by me :D)
So to prove my point, i'll just post some evidence: :)
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g225/piggyfood/011120081192.jpg
pity i don't have a decent camera :(

Cherry
Nov 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
I've been using your site for 3 years now, so if I'm not used to talkings of a mentalist, I never will be!
:p

Looks good Piggy :) Yeh, I realise not everyone can get soya cream and I REALLY did try to do it with just soya milk but it went weird. Repeatedly. I shall try to make the instructions easier to follow.

Sluggie
Nov 4th, 2008, 11:58 PM
http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/love/love0030.gif

flying plum
Nov 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM
this is going to be my project when i get back to the UK and my kitchen full of lovely kitchen things :D

and umemployment, so lots of time on my hands. doh!

amanda

AliBlack
Nov 30th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I thought soyatoo only came in a squirty can not a carton! I'll see what I can find tomorrow.
Thanks Cherry, have been looking forward to this recipe :D