PDA

View Full Version : Kale chips

Pages : [1] 2

foxytina_69
Sep 27th, 2007, 06:21 PM
i think these look awesome. im going to make them soon!

any alternative to chips is great for me! and looks like a fun way to get extra greens into my diet.

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=16634.0

auntierozzi
Sep 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks Foxy, these look very interesting. I'm going to have a go, since I've got loads of kale to get through here :-)

foxytina_69
Sep 27th, 2007, 06:29 PM
great :D cant wait to hear about how they turned out!

foxytina_69
Oct 1st, 2007, 04:36 AM
omg i made these tonight. these are sooooooooooo good they melt in your mouth. they are DELICIOUS. this is a FABULOUS way to get some greens.

i used white vinegar in place of apple cider vinegar, and i sprinkled them with nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper instead of just salt.

sooooooo delicious. these are definitely worth trying.

insubordination
Oct 1st, 2007, 05:17 AM
I might try it with bok choy instead. I have a huge bunch in my fridge.

tipsy
Oct 1st, 2007, 05:32 AM
sounds lovely foxy, thanks!:D

Mr Flibble
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:16 AM
I can't help but chuckle when anyone on this forum mentions kale in the context of a tasty snack ;)

foxytina_69
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:16 AM
LOL, mr flibble, do you dislike kale?

twinkle
Oct 1st, 2007, 01:25 PM
I think kale is great! Especially with onions, potatoes and garlic and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Mmmm, kale :p

horselesspaul
Oct 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM
Kale is da bomb.

auntierozzi
Oct 1st, 2007, 06:04 PM
I tried it with raspberry vinegar and a bit of that sea salt with seaweed in. I snaffled the whole helping myself...since the rest of the family were not that interested...Too bad for them ;-) not that I shouted very loud to tell them that it was ready.....
I will use less salt next time.

RubyDuby
Oct 1st, 2007, 07:43 PM
mmm yummy. and it'll take care of your vinegar craving, too!

Mr Flibble
Oct 1st, 2007, 07:49 PM
:eek:

Cherry was inspired by this thread and is cooking kale downstairs :eek:

Someone help me! I don't think this room's door has a lock and it's too far to the ground to jump from the window!

BlackCats
Oct 1st, 2007, 07:52 PM
I think if it was me I would jump out the window and take my chances.:eek:

foxytina_69
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:23 PM
HAHAHHAA mr flibble.

ruby, yes, it helped my vinegar craving!!

sugarmouse
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:29 PM
Is there any other kind of veg this would work with?

tipsy
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Kale is da bomb.

mmmmm hmmm!:D

Cherry
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:34 PM
Lol. I was expecting it to be gross, but not wanting to waste the veggie box contents thought I may as well go with it. I ended up not caring that Mr Flibble wasn't keen (I'd have fainted if he liked it, so 'Not bad' is quite a compliment) because I wanted to eat more of it! Not sure about chips though...

xwitchymagicx
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
Well if I ever get kale in my veg box I'll make them and tell the results, if I like them it will be a miracle! lol

emmapresley
Oct 1st, 2007, 10:17 PM
Lol. I was expecting it to be gross, but not wanting to waste the veggie box contents thought I may as well go with it. I ended up not caring that Mr Flibble wasn't keen (I'd have fainted if he liked it, so 'Not bad' is quite a compliment) because I wanted to eat more of it! Not sure about chips though...

chips..chips?!
do they mean like, crisps?
i have two massive bags of kale..been putting handfuls in breakfast juices..rave reviews on this thread means i may be trying this out. unsure about the vinegar side of things though..it sounds weee-ird

foxytina_69
Oct 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM
yes emma. theyre delicious. i should have titled the thread chips/crisps.

it was funny because last night i found myself in the fridge mowing down on the leftover kale chips. they were so good. they stayed crunchy in the fridge.

emma, the vinegar isnt really to give it a taste, more to just balance out the bitterness of the greens. you only need a tiny bit over all of them. i added more just because i like vinegar though :D

foxytina_69
Oct 1st, 2007, 10:22 PM
Is there any other kind of veg this would work with?

sugar, i think this would work with any leafy green. some people have tried it with chard and said it worked great.

emmapresley
Oct 1st, 2007, 10:27 PM
oven temperature? :)

xwitchymagicx
Oct 2nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
Chard, I've got plenty of that! lol

foxytina_69
Oct 2nd, 2007, 02:07 AM
i put the oven at 350 degrees.