PDA

View Full Version : What vegan food could you never give up?

Pages : 1 [2]

RubyDuby
Oct 7th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Now I really fancy a mushroom muffin!

No, I actually seriously do. I made some carrot and coriander muffins once which were brilliant - I reckon a garlic, mushroom and chive muffin or something would be really tasty :)

that sounds like a biscuit or roll... calling it a muffin seems somehow wrong!

Cherry
Oct 7th, 2007, 11:07 AM
I think mine would be mushrooms. Not that they are a particular favourite of mine really, but I seem to be incapable of cooking anything without them in it:D

*shudder* - remind me not to pop over for dinner :D

Mushroom biscuits!? Now that really is wrong!!!

Zan
Oct 7th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Note to self---be more accurate about exactly what you mean on this forum or they will all take the p***:o.

Okay okay---no mushrooms in anything sweet, just savoury:p

I only became aware that I always use mushrooms recently when I went to the fridge to see what I had to cook with and there were no mushrooms:eek:. Got me thinking about what I cook.

(mushrooms):D:p

harpy
Oct 7th, 2007, 11:38 AM
:) I know what you mean, Zan. We put mushrooms in all sorts of (ETA savoury :D) things as they seem to add "body". I think it may be to do with umami http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami

pavotrouge
Oct 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Got me thinking about what I cook.

(mushrooms):D:p

as long as you don't smoke them :D

RubyDuby
Oct 7th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Mushroom biscuits!? Now that really is wrong!!!

are biscuits sweet over there too? I meant like biscuits you'd use for gravy... dry dumplings. (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2657.html )

^ I googled 'vegan biscuits and gravy' and this came up on top!!

Enchantress
Oct 7th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Biscuits are what we call cookies over here. Mmm, mushroom cookies :p.

sugarmouse
Oct 8th, 2007, 12:56 AM
I would hate to give up vegetable juices!

Memma33
Oct 8th, 2007, 01:42 AM
tahini and vege spread would be top on my list - plus the vegan bread :D. Otherwise the vegan apple and cinnamon pancake mix *drools*

crimson~noir
Oct 8th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Mushrooms - I love closed cup mushroom have them in everything esp tomato and pasta or stews.

Holly78
Oct 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I have a sweet tooth - so it has to be chocolate! I do love houmous though and if I go without it for a few days I really miss it!

Haniska
Oct 9th, 2007, 05:15 AM
There is this place called Nankings in Richmond that makes a vegan General Tso's. OMG. But I'm going to have to chose something else because I gave up fried foods.