PDA

View Full Version : Funny things kids say

PinkFluffyCloud
Nov 7th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Sorry if this is boring for childless people, but my son is always coming out with little Gems (he's 7 yrs old).

The other day I was explaining to him the reasons why he would make school life easier by trying to 'get along' with people.
He regarded me seriously for a minute, and then said "Well, it's quite difficult to get along with people when you come from a family who care more about animals than people, you know".
Err, fair point, son!! ;)

Then, a couple of days ago, my husband was 'jokingly' complaining about the amount of time I have been spending here on the forum. Without raising my voice, I calmly explained that he would have to get used to it, especially as he never wants to do anything with me these days. At this point, my son appeared at my side and said "you tell him, mum, he's been pushing you around for years!". :D

Artichoke47
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:02 PM
That's hilarious! :)

PinkFluffyCloud
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Another one that still makes me laugh -
He was at school and had popped inside early from Playtime to use the loo. He was returning from the loo when his teacher rang the bell and called out to the children to come back in.

My son, deadpan, says to the teacher, "That's the ticket, round 'em up!".
His teacher tried not to laugh but she found it so funny that she had to tell me later! :D

PinkFluffyCloud
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Another funny one today - my son came home from school, moaning that I hadn't given him a Poppy to wear. Then he said - actually, I got confused anyway - I though it was Daffodil Day!

The innocence of youth!! :D

cedarblue
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:46 PM
quote by mini-cedar

"our new support teacher is a mathsmagician!" :rolleyes:

MzNatural
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:52 PM
:) Those are cute. It won't be long before my little one is actively talking. She says short sentences at the moment.

cedarblue
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:57 PM
oh yes, and just the other day,

"whats "get laid'?"

er.....

tails4wagging
Nov 11th, 2004, 07:12 PM
;) wouldnt mind getting laid with jonny depp, a cedarblue???

Some years ago when I was a veggie, my friends son thought vegetarians were people who did not like vegtables!! :D

JasperKat
Nov 12th, 2004, 12:01 AM
I don't have kids, but I have a little sister who watches way too much TV and then parrots the things she hears. My mom told me that she's telling all her friends that her big sister is a "hippie." :D I've been called worse.
-JK

Cranky
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:32 AM
Mum is a preschool teacher, and when asking her students what a scientist was, the best reply she got was:

"A scientist is someone who writes signs!"

The kid is either extremely profound or really creative - either way, he'll do well! :p

Korn
Feb 10th, 2005, 08:56 PM
I was playing piano today, next to my 4 year old little son who was sitting at the Mac typing things like sdkjfhskdjfhkshfiueshfjnzdkjfhdiufhwodfksjdfkw for 10 minutes. Then he said; 'Dad, I can't concentrate if you'll continue to play that loud, I'm making errors all the time!'

There was also on interesting comment from him in a semi-healthy store earlier this week. He was looking at the shelf with all the sweets in, and a woman who worked there said something like ''So this is what you would like your daddy to buy?' He replied that 'We don't eat that kind of stuff' (which isn't entirely true, but never mind). Then she said 'Well, that's good because this stuff isn't healthy for you', and got a very surprised look when he responded 'Why do you sell it then'?

:)

PinkFluffyCloud
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:05 PM
He-He, so simple when you're a child, eh???

Camyle26
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:06 PM
awww kids are so cute! i cant wait for my own one day ;)

feline01
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Awww, that little Korn is cute. My little ones have discovered the joys of typing on the keyboard as well. I guess they want to be just like their parents.

l337_v3g4n_1
Feb 20th, 2005, 08:42 PM
My little brother mimics me and mum, when I was doing something he "didn't like" he said in a VERY serious tone: "Go to your room!"

Mystic
Feb 20th, 2005, 11:30 PM
When Robert's cousin was four (she is now 9), she said to me; 'one day I am going to have boobies like you' :D

kriz
Feb 21st, 2005, 05:11 AM
Even though I say I might not want kids of my own, I would babysit yours anytime!! I love kids, truly. ;)

feline01
Feb 21st, 2005, 03:44 PM
Even though I say I might not want kids of my own, I would babysit yours anytime!! I love kids, truly. ;)
Want a week in NJ in a lovely, cramped apartment overlooking a state park taking care of 2 little vegans? :D

kriz
Feb 21st, 2005, 10:36 PM
I can be your 35 year old au-pair from California, Feline :D A couch and some veggies keep me happy enough, I promise. :D