PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Vegan Fayre 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Frank
Oct 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Bristol Vegan Fayre 2008

The dates for next years fayre are Saturday 31st May and Sunday 1st June.

Plenty of notice to allow people to plan ahead (this includes AlisonT!) :)

We had a fantastic weekend there last year - so let's make this one even better.

Further announcements to follow as soon as they become available.

alisont
Oct 11th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Oh no why why why is it the 31st May:rolleyes: its my dads 70th and my friends wedding that day where i have a big role and couldnt miss, its always been 1st weekend in June around the 7th/8th, shame its moved.

Do excuse me moaning but every vegan event seems to clash with family events at the mo and Bristol is my fave event i love it soooo much so am well miffed il be missing it all and the chance to catch up with everyone.

Frank
Oct 11th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Alison - I can't believe that!!!!

I did actually post in the meet-up area but a moderator moved it somewhere else - probably because I had not at that stage put the meet-up info on.

I stated in it that surely it was far enough ahead for you to come along.

We love you really - really we do! :)

Risker
Oct 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
It is a shame it's moved, I enjoyed staying at the same campsite as the morris dancer convention last year.

Still, will most likely be there :)

alisont
Oct 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM
LOL Frank I think i wont put my name to any meet ups in the hope that i might not get jinxed and atcually be able to get to one, no family events usually happen in August so i might get to London next year:rolleyes::eek::)

You watch that will prob get moved to Sept when i cant get time off due to it being my busy month with students starting...........

cookey
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:37 AM
The move of date is not the organisers fault or choice. Bristol City Council planned something else on the site for the date we had in mind.
Alison, I'm sure no one would mind if you suggested a move of birthday party and wedding to the event! Or just come down for the Sunday.

alisont
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Id love to go Sunday Cookey but the weddings til late on the Sat and the celebration for my dads 70th will be on the Sunday (id never get there on Sun by train anyway:rolleyes:) Id not want to miss any of the wedding weve been friends since school and im a sort of organiser type person (did not like the phrase maid of honour:D)

Will be missing this one im afraid:( shame as id got a few friends interested and they will all be at the wedding too

cookey
Oct 12th, 2007, 08:45 PM
That's such a shame Ali - maybe we can set up some sort of vegan video link!?

Mzee
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:09 PM
As the Bristol fayre is so popular and can warrant 2 days, perhaps there would be scope for another fayre in the South West as well? Bath anyone? Or if that's too close to Bristol, how about Yeovil or Exeter? Or a fayre that moves between smaller towns each year to get publicity for veganism for people who never normally hear of it?

Digital Ghost
Nov 12th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Just wanted to say...........I totally agree.
:cool:

scarlett
Dec 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Can anyone please recommend somewhere good to stay (hotel etc..) that's nearby (ish)
I'm trying to get myself organised well in advance this time so that I definitely make it !! :D

Marrers
Dec 4th, 2007, 05:47 PM
. . . no family events usually happen in August so i might get to London next year:rolleyes::eek::)

You watch that will prob get moved to Sept when i cant get time off due to it being my busy month with students starting...........

Oh no alisont - it is on 7th September next year.

JC
Jan 6th, 2008, 10:59 PM
i'm very happy that the festival is when it is! i go to bath uni and finish on the 30th, so i don't have to stay an extra week in order to go to the festival. to those of you who have been before, what can i expect there? and where abouts is it in bristol?

twinkle
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll manage to make this. I'll just have been paid as well :)

PaintedXSkyline
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:40 AM
i really wish i lived closer.
stupid ocean is in the way. :mad:

i've never been to any vegan fayre/fair or meet-up of any sort.
makes me mad. (grr!)

treaclemine
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:22 PM
OK, I'm thinking that I need to get to this one, and not just as a day trip. It sounds like such an amazing weekend, and I want to get the chance to put faces to all these names!

applepie
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I'll be there! After the Birmingham Fair I can't miss the famous Bristol one! I'll ask a friend of mine to come up from Southampton as she's finding it a bit of a vegan desert there.

Sluggie
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:37 PM
She's not wrong. If anyone has any plans to start up a veg*n restaurant, Southampton is in desperate need!

salty
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:13 PM
What happens in the evening bit of Sat night at Bristol Vegan fayre - is there drinking and dancing????

Frank
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:00 PM
YESSSSSS!!!!

:D:D

Actually we organised a meal for the evening last year - I think there was about 30 of us and we were joined by some of the guys from the Vegan Society.

Then some went for drinkies after the meal.

JC
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:37 PM
what kind of drinks are suitable for vegans in the average pub? is it just spirits?

Frank
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:47 PM
No - there's quite a bit actually.

There is an in-depth thread somewhere that lists them.

Frank
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Try here for vegan beers/ciders etc:

http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105

Kevster
Jan 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Voting is up and running for the 2008 Yaoh environmental awards, go along and vote! You can win stuff too! :p

http://www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk/vote/

Jiffy
Feb 11th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Not having been to such an event before, what's it like?

Is it worth schlepping up from London bringing a non vegan spouse?